News Islam Makhachev moves to #2 P4P, Khamzat Chimaev debuts at #9 MW

That's wild about Khamzat, lol.

I think this indicates the UFC may be having second thoughts about giving Chimaev the next title shot, surely he would've landed higher in the rankings if that's what they wanted. Hopefully DDP gets the next shot imo, they can re-book Costa vs Chimaev.

On the plus side, they put Khamzat at a reasonable spot within the MW rankings given that his only win was a short notice WW. But his title shot coming from #9 is going to be even crazier than Jamahal Hill's title shot which IIRC was from #7 and very reasonably considered a clown show title shot

Kham beat John Phillips, GM3 and a ww on short notice for the ranking. Not the best list but I guess the perception of him being a favorite over most of the division boosts up that ranking.

I think this indicates the UFC may be having second thoughts about giving Chimaev the next title shot, surely he would've landed higher in the rankings if that's what they wanted. Hopefully DDP gets the next shot imo, they can re-book Costa vs Chimaev.

I still would love to see Khamzat fight Costa, but man, I rather see Khamzat face someone who is a bit more reliable to actually show up on fight night, and not in the crowd that is.

No, they'll literally do whatever they want.

The only thing that will stop them is if it's not in their best interest or Khamzat isn't able to due to whatever circumstances like timing, visa issues, etc.

Islam did ok on the P4P list

Ever since Islam was not above Volk after their first fight, I dont give a fuck about this P4P list. MMA journalist are proven retards, they dont even care about Jones PED abuse lol

Even Islam fans were throwing reasons out as to why he didn't beat Volk (a career FW, and one of the smallest in the division) more convincingly, because according to everyone, it was meant to look more like how the second flight played out.

Ever since Islam was not above Volk after their first fight, I dont give a fuck about this P4P list. MMA journalist are proven retards, they dont even care about Jones PED abuse lol
thats the thing they never ever were legit. UFC didnt give a shite about P4P rankings until Fedor was #1 unanimously, then UFC went full wolf tickets and started telling everyone, well akshually, Anderson Silva is P4P #1. To me that started their whole phony brigade. It's always been BS, just like any rankings, it's all just literally opinion.

I still don't think Islam should be in the top 5. 2 defenses and both against a guy way smaller. He's calling out dj for a fight now

Idk about #9. He obliterated hermanson in a grappling match.

The average fan, even the above average fan who “gets the sport” thinks wins from 10 years ago factors into pound for pound.
“I don’t know dude, islam is looking very impressive in one of the toughest divisions, but I can’t just ignore jones win over rampage, that’s gotta factor in”

Back