Islam Makhachev is the best lightweight on the planet.

Yea, another great wrestler from Dagestan, whose style bores the crap out of me. However, he just beat a guy who wasn't ranked in the top 15. There is still hope that somebody will beat him before he wins a belt! He did look really dominate though.
Rankings mean nothing in the Ultimate Fighting Circus, it's just a popularity contest. Islam already beat his toughest matchup in the UFC, the rest of the matchups are just a formality.

I mean Conor, Poirier and Gaethje have to hurry up getting cash-grab fights and quickly retire until Islam gets to the top and ruins their stocks in a humiliating manner.

Tony is shot, he'd get dominated and probably finished on this ground this time against Islam. Although career wise, that would be a huge name.

A better challenge for Islam would be CDF or RDA. His style makes for more exciting fights against other grapplers.
I see your point, but I think Islam is to superior grappler for CDF or RDA to have a chance. Tony at least have decent stand up and some crazy submissions going.

Islam should fight Hooker, Lee, or Felder, they are all coming off losses and they were all considered one fight away from a Title shot in their careers. Then he gets the 9 win streak, and next is title shot eliminator for winsteak number 10. And titleshot at number 11 Sounds legit to me.

Honestly with Islam and his grappling attack yesterday. I think he is embracing his mentor Khabib's new, "I don't want to hurt this opponent to win victory style," like he did with Gaethje. And we also saw in the greatest jiu jitsu UFC practitioner ever in Demian Maia. I for one think it's amazing that a man is so elite at grappling he can take a deadly assassin striker down, and slowly grind on him and choke him out unconcious from a position we don't equate with a perfect technique for the arm triangle choke.

I hope he does do the same thing to the next three guys in a row and becomes champion and takes no damage and doesn't have to KO or ruin anyones face to do it. I think it was would be an absolutely stunning proof that Dagestani Wrestling is the best MMA on the planet with this ruleset. Also you know that Khabib's Dad's game plan was always to take him down, control him, and submit him and not risk getting hurt on the feet.

Everyone keeps talking about Tony but it's been a long time since we've seen Kevin Lee be humiliated.

Back