Islam is the same size as..

Islam does a death cut to make lightweight.

He hasn't had to actually to actually make weight in quite a while. His last 3 fights have consisted of 2 sham weigh-ins in Abu Dhabi and a 160-lb catchweight in Vegas.

But when he had to a legitimate weigh-in at 156 lbs, he cut an enormous amount of weight and visibly struggled to do so.

IslamMakhachev-1200x675.jpg

islam-makhachev.jpg

images

FopQffdXoAA7fxB

Last edited:
Same height but Whittaker is obviously thicker from this angle at least

Not the same height, I think Whittaker looks a good inch taller if not 1.5-2inches. Muscularly they're about the same but I do think Whittaker is broader and thicker like you said, his torso and chest look much larger to me. Whittaker also has a 74in reach to Islam's 70in. That said, Islam is one of the biggest LWs and Rob is a medium sized MW.

Islam does a death cut to make lightweight.

He hasn't had to actually to actually make weight in quite a while. His last 3 fights have consisted of 2 sham weigh-ins in Abu Dhabi and a 160-lb catchweight in Vegas.

But when he had to a legitimate weigh-in at 156 lbs, he cut an enormous amount of weight and visibly struggled to do so.

IslamMakhachev-1200x675.jpg

islam-makhachev.jpg

images

Why are you so confident he was north of 4lbs over the LW limit in Abu Dhabi? With Khamzat I kinda get it because he has such a history of missing weight and fighting middleweight so it's fishy at Abu Dhabi with no commission he would make 170lbs seemingly fine. But Islam has never missed weight, no? Doesn't feel as fair a skepticism or opinion.

Why are you so confident he was north of 4lbs over the LW limit in Abu Dhabi? With Khamzat I kinda get it because he has such a history of missing weight and fighting middleweight so it's fishy at Abu Dhabi with no commission he would make 170lbs seemingly fine. But Islam has never missed weight, no? Doesn't feel as fair a skepticism or opinion.
I meant that there is no way of knowing how much fighters in Abu Dhabi actually weigh during weigh-ins.

The UFC conducts their own weigh-ins there because there is no commission. Their objective isn't to determine the actual weight of a fighter, but rather to say that every fighter made weight. The weigh-ins there are just for show. Here are a pair of examples. The guy operating the scale even announced Khamzat's weight as 166 lbs and didn't see a problem with that until a reporter called him out on it.

I meant that there is no way of knowing how much fighters in Abu Dhabi actually weigh during weigh-ins.

The UFC conducts their own weigh-ins there because there is no commission. Their objective isn't to determine the actual weight of a fighter, but rather to say that every fighter made weight. The weigh-ins there are just for show. Here are a pair of examples. The guy operating the scale even announced Khamzat's weight as 166 lbs and didn't see a problem with that until a reporter called him out on it.

I'm aware of all this.

Back