Islam beats prime GSP

Dana, is that you?!
Islam would not have a reach advantage vs GSP. Also, I think prime GSP can take him down almost at will. Volks wrestling was good enough to compete vs Islam, imagine GSP!!
what makes you think GSP is better grappler than Volk? Volk has never been wrestlefucked and has wreslefucked other fighters, even D1 Chad mendez..

Yes, he would beat him... in 2 of 10 fights.

what makes you think GSP is better grappler than Volk? Volk has never been wrestlefucked and has wreslefucked other fighters, even D1 Chad mendez..
GSP did the same, but vs much bigger guys. That size difference has to count for something. Give Volk the size of GSP, and he also should be a clear favorite vs Islam.

those jabs used to work on one dimentional american college wreslters, that shit dont work on elite fighters of today, Islam, Shavkat and Edward runs through him
We’re comparing apples and oranges, era to era and the welterweight king to a guy that who just beat a featherweight!

I feel like this thread should be going to wasteland

I would pick Islam to beat Khabib, but I don't see him beating GSP

You really need to see a photo of GSP and Volk side by side. This is next level stupidity. He's 25 lbs bigger, much longer, and more athletic.

Never mind the fact that Volk was visibly soft with 1.5 weeks notice for the rematch.

Meaningless speculation vs GSP. Would love to see him fight the top fighters in his class in his era. 2 fights against the 145 Volk don’t cut it. He’s 31 and his resume is not stacked with top fighters. Time is now to add the cream of 155 or make a run at the 170 belt.

Islam is a lightweight who has literally never completed at GSP's weight class. Why did him beating a featherweight provoke this thread? If anything Saturday should have informed you that moving up in weight is hard. There are no champions who have been able to move up in weight and dominate the division above them. Couture and DC came the closest with one title defense.

one thing people had for Khabib v GSP was the fact that GSP was the better striker... but Islam is a improved version of Khabib, has better striking... GSP literally has nothing for him, his boring wetblanket grappling is not fazing Islam... Islam beats him on the ground and stand up

thoughts?
My fucking god:rolleyes: shut the fuck up with this non sense. He beat a 5"5 fw and now gsp the ww goat has nothing for him ? :confused:

What did Islam do to you? You want to see a dead body?

Being more well-rounded like Islam is, is impressive. What's more impressive to me is that Khabib is less technical in the standup department but went through phases in fights where he's not panic wrestling against the likes of Conor. Conor's bread and butter is his standup, as we all know, but Khabib stood to trade to let him know he's not worried about it. The fact that Khabib is more ground-oriented and everyone knows his gameplan going into every fight and can't stop him is a lot more impressive to me.

Getting on topic of the thread - GSP and Khabib's matchup was so intriguing because both fighters take the fight to territories they want. So who was going to be the one controlling that fight? I'm not sure Islam's style is quite that. He tends to adjust according to the moment and the fighter. But he definitely doesn't go into the fight with the same gameplan over and over and just makes his opponents look like amateurs. I say we give Islam more time before comparing him to the likes of Khabib and GSP. He's great, but he's not in legendary status yet.

Recency bias is real
Hey, Islam beat a pudgy FW who had almost no time to prepare. That makes him the WW GOAT. I got my Ph.D. in Math from Sherdog U. so don't challenge me!

Why stop with GSP and WW fighters? Islam could probably beat prime Anderson Silva or current versions of Strickland or Khamzat. They're all about the same as short-notice midget Volk.

Hell no

Compared to GSP he’s a sloppy barroom fighter.

GSP was one of the greatest to ever set foot in the Octagon.

Islam wouldn’t even be a good sparring partner for GSP. All he’d be good for is making sandwiches and mopping up the gym when the men are done training.
I didn't think anyone ITT would surpass OP's idiocy but I stand corrected; you are quite the specimen of muddled neurons.

Back