Movies Is Zack Snyder the worst director of the 21st century?

My opinion is

• Total voters

I Fusion I

Everything you can imagine is real
@Brown
Reaction score

His films are grossly overrated, considering his big budget... is he the worst and most overrated? There might be worse ones but anyone had good subjects as good as his?

Especially Watchmen, 300 and Snyder Cut.

He could have been the world's best music video director. Instead he makes shitty movies. Michael Bay is probably worse though, and Uwe Boll / Paul WS Anderson are worse than them.

His Army of the Dead went full retard halfway through with that dumb daughter bs and finding those lost ladies in the middle of some super zombie wasteland. At one point they had 10 minutes to get out of there but they had to find those girls lol.

His films are grossly overrated, considering his big budget... is he the worst and most overrated? There might be worse ones but anyone had good subjects as good as his?

Especially Watchmen, 300 and Snyder Cut.

I-bet-your-parents-taught-you-that-you-mean-something-that-youre-here-for-a-reason.jpg

He could have been the world's best music video director. Instead he makes shitty movies. Michael Bay is probably worse though, and Uwe Boll / Paul WS Anderson are worse than them.

Bay is a better director and it’s not close. Atleast some of his films are dumb entertainment, meanwhile Zack takes himself so seriously.

Bay is a better director and it’s not close. Atleast some of his films are dumb entertainment, meanwhile Zack takes himself so seriously.

Bay's decent stuff is mostly before the year 2000 (the 20th Century). Snyder sucks but he can hold it together if he has a blueprint to follow (300, Watchmen). Bay would have probably turned those into a frenetic mess with shitty jokes.

I liked 300 and Watchmen but yeah it's a shame he managed to fuck up so bad on Superman movies and the Justice League.

I had more fun watching bay's pain and gain than any of the dreary dimly lit self important stuff that Snyder has churned out.

Bay's decent stuff is mostly before the year 2000 (the 20th Century). Snyder sucks but he can hold it together if he has a blueprint to follow (300, Watchmen). Bay would have probably turned those into a frenetic mess with shitty jokes.

He did The Island, Transformers 1 and Pain and Gain which are all better than any of Snyder's work except Watchmen, though.

Not a big Micheal Bay fan (who is?) but some of his films are atleast entertaining.

He did The Island, Transformers 1 and Pain and Gain which are all better than any of Snyder's work except Watchmen, though.

Not a big Micheal Bay fan (who is?) but some of his films are atleast entertaining.

The Island was pretty good. Pain and Gain was all right. Even Transformers 1 wasn't very good let alone the sequels. 13 Hours was okay. 6 Underground was probably worse than anything I have seen from Snyder.

He’s pretty awful

his best movie is watchmen and even that is trash

I think his movie look good, but writing and pacing need work in his films.

Back