Is Zabit the biggest guy to ever fight at Featherweight?

Will Chope was 6'4 and fought at FW.

Also, Chas skelly is pretty enormous. Dude looks like a legit 170 lber.

At some point, we will see Ortega vs Zabit.

What a fight that could be.

Disgusting that he won’t fight people his own size, big weight cutters like Zabit should quit being cowards and fight in the right weight class.
what in the flying fuck are you talking about?

Ortega,Yair, Mcgregor all these guys are bigger than him he's just really tall but since this is sherdog and size= strictly height yea the guy is massive he'd ragdoll DC and Hunt at the same time

Ortega,Yair, Mcgregor all these guys are bigger than him he's just really tall but since this is sherdog and size= strictly height yea the guy is massive he'd ragdoll DC and Hunt at the same time

You should of actually read my original post rather than reading only the tittle and saying sherdogers are the ones that are ignorant.

Damn, he looked a lot smaller back then.

It's really hard to tell how heavy someone is.I wrestled for a long time and did some other stuff and someone can look real big but once you get a hold of them it's surprising they are so light,and then there's small guys that feel heavy as hell and it's not just weight distribution,heavy hips do to skill etc. you can tell how heavy they feel despite those other things being a factor,you can just feel it.Just too hard to tell much with eye test.

For example John Makdessi looks like a real small LW but his core is thick,good sized legs,just a heavy lower body,I would bet he feels way heavier than he looks,but that's just what my intuition tells me.Zabit has become a good sized FW but I don't feel like he's the biggest or heaviest.Guys like Drew Dober despite being short was huge for LW,that's kind of what I think of when I think of size,not always height.Although then you have guys like Brandon Thatch,6'2" at WW and looks like like he'd be heavy,just doesn't have the best wrestling/grappling.

Who knows is kinda what I mean.

Zabit will get dusted by either Aldo, Frankie, or Mendes

The guy is like three times the size of other fighters at 145... :eek: But all joking aside. With some weight training the guy could be big for 155 and maybe even 170.

No, he's not even close to being the biggest.

It's Will Chope. 6'4" and fought at 145 for the bulk of his career.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Will-Chope-69087

20140322024213_cid_937710C0505A4E4A9277AEF15B16C770.JPG

It's really hard to tell how heavy someone is.I wrestled for a long time and did some other stuff and someone can look real big but once you get a hold of them it's surprising they are so light,and then there's small guys that feel heavy as hell and it's not just weight distribution,heavy hips do to skill etc. you can tell how heavy they feel despite those other things being a factor,you can just feel it.Just too hard to tell much with eye test.

For example John Makdessi looks like a real small LW but his core is thick,good sized legs,just a heavy lower body,I would bet he feels way heavier than he looks,but that's just what my intuition tells me.Zabit has become a good sized FW but I don't feel like he's the biggest or heaviest.Guys like Drew Dober despite being short was huge for LW,that's kind of what I think of when I think of size,not always height.Although then you have guys like Brandon Thatch,6'2" at WW and looks like like he'd be heavy,just doesn't have the best wrestling/grappling.

yea true hard to tell how much someone weighs from the eye test. I was surprised to see Mighty Mouse weigh more than Garbrandt on fight night

Shane burgos (on the left in the pic) is 5'11 and thick. He's my pick for biggest FW right now

My girlfriend remarked that he looks like hobo Wolverine, which I thought was pretty funny

This. You can't tell how heavy someone is simply by looking at them. People carry weight differently, and bone structure varies from one person to the next. A guy like Cheick Kongo is 6'4 and built like an action figure, yet he only weighs around 235. Meanwhile, Cain looks like a short, chubby HW, but weighs over 140. Everyone thinks James Vick is a massive LW, but by his own admission, he has a small bone structure and is smaller than people think. I've experienced this personally, as people generally think I'm heavier than I am because I have a small bone structure.

Point being, the eye test doesn't work.

The dude is 6'1 & 1/2 and has muscle on him. At that height in FW you would think he would be scrawny but he isn't. Looks about the same size and build as Condit. Maybe that's his plan? Be the first guy to to win belts in more than 2 divisions?

People go on to talk about about Holloway and Moicano being big meanwhile Zabit is even bigger. Even his last opponent Brandon Davis who is a big FW himself looked noticeably undersized against him.

It really is true that the guys fighting now are bigger than the guys who fought in the same divisions in the past.

You need some fucking glasses if you think Zabit and Condit have the same build

Back