Is your life where you want it to be?

Slick_36

Bad Man from Borger, Texas
@Gold
Reaction score
If not, what do you need to do to get it there? What's stopping you and can you overcome it? What are you doing right, right now?

I am definitely on the way, I'm finally moving away from the home town I hate so much and am comfortable with myself as a person. I am dying to get back in to school though, I just have a few hundred bucks I need to receive grants again. I should be back by the next semester if I keep working as hard as I have been.

You don't have to answer the thread if you don’t want to. It's mostly to get you to consider them yourself more than announcing them to everyone. Maybe it's a situation that someone here can help with though, I know I am certainly not alone.

I need to be struck bye lighting and dowsed in chemicals for it to happen.

But setiously No. I need to get out of my own way and fears to do it

No. I need to get out of my own way and fears to do it

Humans are definitely creatures of habit, it's hard to break away from what's comfortable, even when we're miserable in that routine. You're rather young though, I believe. Might help to focus on one small thing at a time, change one dial every week, start a conversation with a stranger, go somewhere you never saw yourself at, maybe eat something you never tried. Just get yourself used to being in a new situation, I've found int he past year, I thrive in those moments.

Yes, happier than I have ever been, and exactly where I want to be....while its true some things and conditions have changed externally, its also true that my level of acceptance and understanding of how this life works has changed. I am also well aware that this Grattitude and positive outlook that I have is a state of Grace and I have actually done very little to earn it....

I guess, just waiting to be called for Basic.

Last year: Living with my parents, no job, but I was in amazing shape

This year: Great job, have my own place, but now I'm getting out of shape

Overall, I'm happy. Definitely want to get the gym routine in order though. One thing I do notice. is there are certain goals I have in my life. Such as get my MBA, which I'll be applying to this month. On paper, everything will look great. Working FT, going to school for MBA, etc.....but I know i'll have minimal free time and probably be miserable. Everythings a trade off, though I know in the end it'll be worth it.

I have the career I want. A huge part of it is typing, and, unfortunately, I was just diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome. For the last year I have not been able to mountain bike, road bike, or go to the gym - all major things in my life that I enjoy, keep me healthy, and rid stress associated with my job. Very frustrating.

IDK. Does achieving such a thing matter? I'm not even sure where "where I want to be" is; or if it even exists at all.

My life is definitely where I want to be, it's almost like what I dreamed of. It's like a combination of responsible family man and man child. I live alone with my dog, have a decent paying job, get to see my kids very often, have different girls that I bang on the regular but I claim to not be ready for a relationship, have time to train and chill with my friends. It actually is going pretty awesome for me, up until some recent family drama after my father passed away, I was pretty much stress free.

My only worry is, this can't last forever. I'm 32 now and loving this, can I be 42 and live like this? Wtf am I gonna be like when I'm 50? I don't wanna be alone, but I don't wanna be tied down to one woman either. At least no matter what happens, I'll never truly be alone cause I have 2 great kids.

Hahahaha no. I'm basically a fuck up. Lots of mental issues, and now my body is falling apart too. Super depressed and exhausted all the time, and etc etc.

I feel like I'm well on the way to be where I want to be. I just need some motivation to get in the gym

My life is definitely where I want to be, it's almost like what I dreamed of. It's like a combination of responsible family man and man child. I live alone with my dog, have a decent paying job, get to see my kids very often, have different girls that I bang on the regular but I claim to not be ready for a relationship, have time to train and chill with my friends. It actually is going pretty awesome for me, up until some recent family drama after my father passed away, I was pretty much stress free.

My only worry is, this can't last forever. I'm 32 now and loving this, can I be 42 and live like this? Wtf am I gonna be like when I'm 50? I don't wanna be alone, but I don't wanna be tied down to one woman either. At least no matter what happens, I'll never truly be alone cause I have 2 great kids.

One of my best friends is 74, has lived alone most of his life, has 5 kids from three different women, travels all over, spends 2 hrs a day in the gym, looks about 55, and has three girlfriends....he has good relationships with all his kids, has always stepped up financially, and lives a pretty non traditional life. This existence is not for everybody, but it works for him...As far as we all know, we have one ride here, make it the ride you want....age has nothing to do with it....

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiitt. I don't even know where I want my life to be.

IDK. Does achieving such a thing matter? I'm not even sure where "where I want to be" is; or if it even exists at all.

I think I feel similar to this. Different cultures instill different values in people. The American view of trying to be the best and most successful is actually new and in the minority, historically most cultures have emphasized cooperation rather than dominance.

My only expectation is death. My only real goal is knowledge and truth; which I'll fortunately never entirely succeed in, giving me something to do for the rest of my life.

One of my best friends is 74, has lived alone most of his life, has 5 kids from three different women, travels all over, spends 2 hrs a day in the gym, looks about 55, and has three girlfriends....he has good relationships with all his kids, has always stepped up financially, and lives a pretty non traditional life. This existence is not for everybody, but it works for him...As far as we all know, we have one ride here, make it the ride you want....age has nothing to do with it....

Honestly dude, that sounds like my dream life. If I could make something like that work I would be in heaven. And with the advances we've made with boner pills and TRT, maybe it could be a reality.

Back