Is working as a barback cool?

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The pay on paper is dick but what about tips? Do they add up? And is it a decent way to low key meet women?

The job you want at a bar is in the takeaway section, I worked in a drive through one and it was great, much better than the bar.

The pay on paper is dick but what about tips? Do they add up? And is it a decent way to low key meet women?
Do it bare back and maybe youll get someone to rub one out on your shoulders.

Hog tie your 3 piece and wear grey loose fitting jog bottoms. Then get a job in a lesbian party bar in Cancun, for optimum results.

A gym buddy of mine does it half the time (the other half he teaches special ed kids), and he tells me the wildest stories, and the places he works are good money (big Russian and generally Eastern European parties and drunk Jersey kids in beach bars) but given how little patience I have for stupid behavior and how much I detest people in general I don't think I could hang. He seems happy enough though, so I guess for some it's a great gig. I also remember a few Bulgarian girls I went to college with started working this Bulgarian spot in the city, Mehanata, and because the boss was Bulgarian as well they got the jobs without any trouble even though underage. Not to be a dick or anything but the three of them looked like Satan, Gog and Magog, the polar opposite of what people picture when they think Eastern European women, something out of a bad cartoon, but they were pulling breezy 300-400 a night each Fri and Sat, so there's that.

generally-speaking, being a bar-back is supposed to be a transitional position. not something to make a career out of. so if you tell people that it's a temporary gig, it won't look as bad.

Tips add up quick if its a good bar that women like to hang out at
If it's a Moe's Tavern type bar then no

How old are you, have you ever been to a bar or ordered drink before..?
I have, I've seen bartenders and waitresses but I've never seen or heard of a barback. If it's a large/busy bar there is more bartenders not some bartenders bitch boy. Is this a new thing or something?

That's how I made money while wrestling in college. Worked at one of the most frequented, if not the most frequented, bars in town. Every night I worked it was packed out, and I'd go home with at least a hundo for roughly 4 hours of easy work.

Id down beers in the cooler before almost every restock, so I had a great time. Women were always hitting on me, I made a ton of friends , and I never had to wait in line to get in on my nights off. It was a great gig.

I bar backed before I was old enough to Bar Tend. I made 100-140 a night. But you are low on the totem pole as far as girls go. Bartenders get the chicks.

Tips go to the bartenders. Amount you get is reliant on how much the bartenders tip out to you.

In terms of work it varies on how busy the bar is. As a barback your only social interaction should be with staff after hours for you have no time to interact with customers. Another thing is dont expect to have personal space. You'll be constantly rubbing up against the bartenders and other staff.

I have, I've seen bartenders and waitresses but I've never seen or heard of a barback. If it's a large/busy bar there is more bartenders not some bartenders bitch boy. Is this a new thing or something?
Same here. I was reading the thread just assuming that barback must be the British term for bartender and that this thread was full of Brits.

Same here. I was reading the thread just assuming that barback must be the British term for bartender and that this thread was full of Brits.

At busy bars the Bartenders dont have the downtime to restock inventory during service. This task is assigned to barbacks so the bartenders can focus mainly on serving drinks. Think of them as a busboy for waiters; bringing fresh glasses, restocking clean glasses, clearing dirty glass racks and replenishing beer/liquor/drinking ice.

Back