Is working as a barback cool?

I have, I've seen bartenders and waitresses but I've never seen or heard of a barback. If it's a large/busy bar there is more bartenders not some bartenders bitch boy. Is this a new thing or something?

Nope. If your running a busy place it doesn't make sense to hire more bartenders to do basic shit like changing kegs, ice, cleaning. Thats why they are called bar backs, runners or bar bitches to some. It's entry level position in a bar. It's extremely common.

No. A bartender is cool.
A barback is fuckin lame. No chicks. No fun. Just slave work.

That's how I made money while wrestling in college. Worked at one of the most frequented, if not the most frequented, bars in town. Every night I worked it was packed out, and I'd go home with at least a hundo for roughly 4 hours of easy work.

Id down beers in the cooler before almost every restock, so I had a great time. Women were always hitting on me, I made a ton of friends , and I never had to wait in line to get in on my nights off. It was a great gig.

yup. i've known lots of places like that. it can be a great job, if the situation is ideal. but i think that's more for guys in their twenties. it looks a bit odd if you're still doing that in your forties, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back