is Wonderboy the largest WW in history?

paulchozick

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
He's fantastically skilled and disciplined but a big reason why he's been so successful at @ WW is because he's so much larger than his opponents: bigger bones, longer reach.

He can easily fight @ MW but he seems to have no problems making weight so he'll continue to feast on smaller guys.

Never heard of Rumble Johnson ?

Good call TS.

The exact same shit they said about GSP.

anigif_enhanced-1636-1405723099-3.gif

Yep that's the only reason he is so good.

Have you seen a recent pic of Condit next to Jon Jones??

I guess no.

Nope

WB:

"I walk around at a lighter weight (than most Welterweights). I’m really not a big 170 like guys like Hendricks who walk around over 200 pounds. I tried that before I fought Matt Brown and the weight cut was too hard and it drained me during the fight. I walk around lighter because of that and each time I cut weight it gets easier and easier. I walk around between 185 and 190 "

http://www.mmalatestnews.com/exclusive-interview-stephen-wonderboy-thompson/

is USADA going to drug test Woodley's legs?

Nope

WB:

"I walk around at a lighter weight (than most Welterweights). I’m really not a big 170 like guys like Hendricks who walk around over 200 pounds. I tried that before I fought Matt Brown and the weight cut was too hard and it drained me during the fight. I walk around lighter because of that and each time I cut weight it gets easier and easier. I walk around between 185 and 190 "

http://www.mmalatestnews.com/exclusive-interview-stephen-wonderboy-thompson/

Kind of proves that he's a big WW. He actually reached 200. At 185-190 he barely has any muscle mass. He has so much room on his frame to add mass unlike let's say GSP who basically capped his fram with muscles and cannot stay over 190 during a training camp no matter how much effort he does adding mass.

Yes, he dwarfed Ronny Macdonald in their last fight. Macdonald was thought of as a pretty large welterweight himself and he looked like he could get eclipsed.

no way. robbie looked bigger than him.

I have been looking and I can't find the source again, but I have read that Woodley is at 190 or so on fight night.

Rory is a huge WW also and he should be in the conversation.

Hendricks, Woodley, Robbie, Rory, Carlos, DHK...

He's not even close

Not even close.

Lim and Thatch are by far the biggest UFC WWs right now

Woodley, Thatch, DHK, and the biggest is Lim

Thompson looks skinny as fuck to me. Macdonald looked noticeably bigger to me.

Rumble fought at 170. If you want someone who actually made weight then Hector Lombard. Hyun Gyu Lim is also a big fucker.

no way. robbie looked bigger than him.
Wtf? Am I reading this correctly that you thought Robbie looked bigger than Woodley? Woodley was the much bigger man, looked like two different weight classes.

Back