Is UFC'S LW Division Really The Most Stacked Division In MMA?

LW has a lot of depth, but a lot of the top guys are overrated.

Khabib was a monster, but the ease at which he dispatched the top LWs was embarrassing. They had absolutely nothing for him.

They probably have the best/ most competitive top 5 ,

Oliveria
Dustin
Dariush
Islam
then a small dropdown to
Gaejthe

then you have a handful of 155ers that become subjective/ ones opinion.

Considering theres a lack of depth/ elite( truly) in other classes outside 145 ...... lightweight pretty stacked.

Those top 4 guys , I can see anyone beating anyone. Most dont know how good Beneil has stepped up his game. Hes a monster on the ground. Hes an accomplished black belt masquerading as a " brown " belt . A complete fighter ready for his shot.

#C: reject featherweight with 8 losses and a laughably bad resume to earn the title. Right place right time but he can prove everyone wrong if he successfully defends.

#1: Went life and death with Hooker and beat overrated Conor twice and people think he’s some top P4P fighter. Should’ve lost the first Eddie fight and Pettis was past his prime. Bitched by Khabib, did worse than Conor and Justin imo.

#2: 5-3 in the UFC, all his wins have aged like milk and each time he faced an elite opponent he got finished (Tony was way past his prime, but even that version of Tony managed to knock him down)

#3 Let’s be real, not champ material

#4 1-1 in the UFC, got KOd by a FW a few fights ago

#5 champ material, but LW is so slow and full of ducks he only has a few ranked wins.

#6 Tony shouldn’t be ranked in 2021, only ranked this high to be a stepping stone in future fights, specifically for Conor’s return

#7 eh

#8 rightly ranked

#9 overrated

#10 good fighter

+1
Beneil is Oliveira's biggest threat. Heavy hands and the closest in the division to match Oliveira's grappling.

Uhm Islam is significantly better than both at grappling.

LW is still the strongest IMO. Though the top 10 can't be taken seriously when you have guys like Tony and Conor in them.

Monsters like Gamrot, Arman, Guram aren't even in the top 10.
Then you got guys like Ottman Azaitar, Fiziev, Ismagulov, and Moises that aren't even ranked.
Honestly... almost all of these aforementioned names would beat Conor and Tony.

+1
Beneil is Oliveira's biggest threat. Heavy hands and the closest in the division to match Oliveira's grappling.

Dariush is too wild and willl get caught again. he is a bit of a kill or be killed fighter which is great, but Hernandez and Barboza highlight reeled him with his unorthodox striking.
In most of his fights since he has been open for similar counters and just hasn't been made to pay.

I think Olivera would catch him with a front kick rushing in to be honest, but Dariush is definitely game in any fight if he doesn't get caught.

Uhm Islam is significantly better than both at grappling.
Based on what?
His finished rate? Oliveira and Dariush smoke him.
His strength of schedule? Oliveira and Dariush beat him there too.

His high profile pundits pushing him? Khabib, DC and a few others. He does have them beat there.

Charles smokes him. Come at me.
I think Charles has great subs, but so does dariush, and Dariush has better ground control. I also think Dariush is a better wrestler, and is more dangerous in the clinch

Its BW. Its has 15 guys outside of the rankings that could beat someone ranked.

I think Charles has great subs, but so does dariush, and Dariush has better ground control. I also think Dariush is a better wrestler, and is more dangerous in the clinch

I don't think the fight will make it to the ground. If it does, we'll see some good, high level scrambles, and most likely one or both concede to stalemate and stand up.

You know how fights between two good grapplers go, right? You new or somethin? ^_^

it's always the 2021 accounts that say dumb shit like this, i knew it even before looking.

I don't think the fight will make it to the ground. If it does, we'll see some good, high level scrambles, and most likely one or both concede to stalemate and stand up.

You know how fights between two good grapplers go, right? You new or somethin? ^_^
On the feet? Charles probably has the edge.

sure, but nobody cares about the manlet divisions

anything below featherweight is a farce.
lmao, and LW isn't a manlet divison?

Conor-McGregor2.jpg

manlet Conor being dwarfed by basically everyone in that shot including women

4541368240b6ee469f16a24c166c8c30.jpg

PML at this one

Take your pick between BW, FW, and LW. All are better than WW imho.
How is FW in the convo?
-There's Max, Volk, Ortega, and Giga.
-KZ, Barboza, and Ige are pretty gatekeeperish
-Yair and Zabit never fight
-Emmett is always injured
-Allen has one ranked win, and it was a close decision over a guy without any ranked wins himself.
-Evloev, and perhaps Topuria, are a couple guys worth watching, but they've hardly been tested.

The top 5 is good, but otherwise, the division's very average.

Back