Is tyson the fastest person in boxing history

with that level of power. Power on the level of foreman, shavers, dempsey, joe lewis

He was the fastest heavyweight ever and would of destroyed Ali and Lewis. A fight with a prime Foreman would have been a classic!

Whaaaat? are you crazy......Hell no he isnt close (i hope your talking just the Heavies because you sound crazy)

He was the fastest heavyweight ever and would of destroyed Ali and Lewis. A fight with a prime Foreman would have been a classic!

he would never beat ali! what has he ever accomplished in the ring that leads you to believe he would even have the SLIGHTEST chance with Ali?

Floyd Patterson may actually have been a faster HW, well really he was closer to a LHW and Cruiserweight fighting in a HW division.

So was Floyd Patterson.

So who wins Floyd vs Tyson in a 12 rds fight.:icon_chee

Extremely similar style, obviously considering their trainer. Tyson's body was built for this style though.

he would never beat ali! what has he ever accomplished in the ring that leads you to believe he would even have the SLIGHTEST chance with Ali?

I love ali as much as the next boxing fan and would agree he acomplished much much more in the ring then tyson. That being said a prime tyson pre buster fight would have destroyed ali.
it would not have been a good fight as well

I love ali as much as the next boxing fan and would agree he acomplished much much more in the ring then tyson. That being said a prime tyson pre buster fight would have destroyed ali.
it would not have been a good fight as well

the pre buster version would get killed by ali. tyson made a name fighting nobodys and still banking 20 mil. were not even bring up the fact that he never displayed the mental toughness to take on ANY of the greats

130-135 Camacho had some of the quickest hands ever.

LOL nobody really destroyyyyed Ali, even a prime Foreman couldn

Last edited:
Since this thread has begun to call Mike's skills and chances against other boxers into question.
I'll restate what I said in another thread.
Tyson will always be the boxing world's greatest "what if?", and one of it's biggest tragedies.
With the phenomenal physical gifts he possessed, combined with the work ethic, determination, and boxing IQ he exhibited in his early career, he could have remained unstoppable and stood among the all time greats. Maybe even in the top 5 greatest heavyweights of all time. Unfortunately, immaturity, and poor management resulted in his downfall. It's really rather sad to think about the fighter he could have been.

So much wasted potential.

Since this thread has begun to call Mike's skills and chances against other boxers into question.
I'll restate what I said in another thread.
Tyson will always be the boxing world's greatest "what if?", and one of it's biggest tragedies.
With the phenomenal physical gifts he possessed, combined with the work ethic, determination, and boxing IQ he exhibited in his early career, he could have remained unstoppable and stood among the all time greats. Maybe even in the top 5 greatest heavyweights of all time. Unfortunately, immaturity, and poor management resulted in his downfall. It's really rather sad to think about the fighter he could have been.

So much wasted potential.

He could have been the greatest heavyweight ever, and as an Ali fan I hate to say that, but it's the truth. He fulfilled, I'd say 80% of his potential. As ali once said though "If is a helluva word, if you wasn't ugly you'd be handsome" fate is fate.

130-135 Camacho had some of the quickest hands ever.

fuck the hands, have you ever watched how much bounce he had in his legs? Now you'll never see that again, he was like a fencer.

The first thing you learn about asking people Mike Tyson questions on Boxing forums is... Don't bother.

For some strange reason "hardcore" boxing fans don't like to praise Mikes boxing ability. It's a bit like Lesnar in MMA, he could beat Fedor with no remaining limbs, yet hes still just a "big strong guy".

A prime teenage Mike Tyson was the most exciting boxer EVER.

:rolleyes: Good gawd. Wow fuckin' wow. Just bleed.

Back