Is tyson the fastest person in boxing history

iwannabeadored

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
with that level of power. Power on the level of foreman, shavers, dempsey, joe lewis

I'll guess we'll never know,.....I guess he wasn't "hungry" enough!

Doesn't mAtter what sport you're talking about, the heavyweights will never be as fast as the lighter weights.

Doesn't mAtter what sport you're talking about, the heavyweights will never be as fast as the lighter weights.

With the power he had i said. I don't know anyone below hw with that level of power.

fastest heavyweight.
not fastest EVER in boxing

You need to ask if Tyson is faster than George Foreman or Earnie Shavers?

Is Tyson the fastest person in boxing history with that level of power. Power on the level of foreman, shavers, dempsey, joe lewis

Geez, that kind of speed with that kind of big power?
Tyson's speed was fast feet, fast hands, fast reflexes.

Speed is not power either, it's a component of power.

Looking over Ring Magazine's Top 50 All-Time Heavyweights list from 1998,
I think Tyson is probably it.

In old black-and-white footage, it's difficult to gauge speed though.

Dempsey had fast feet and fast hands, fast reflexes.

Joe Louis' footwork was about efficiency, economy to bring himself into range, but he had very fast hands and fast reflexes.

Patterson was fast and has a fantastic highlight compilation of KOs, but he didn't have the power of Tyson, Dempsey, Joe Louis.

He was definitely very fast but Ali was faster and due to power Foreman was the hardest hitter.

Ali did not have Mike's power but Mike would have trouble hitting Ali with his great speed. Ali- fastest Tyson-incredible combination of speed and power. So answer to thread is yes, he's the fastest with that kind of power by a lot.

There was a time when I hated all things Tyson.
I would have done whatever I could to undercut his worth as a fighter.
And there were some convenient examples to try to drive the point home - but nothing that anyone could label as proof. Really nothing more than a bad attitude towards the guy and alot of like-minded folk that really didn't like him either - call it preaching to the choir (though I always thought 'congregation' was more fitting).

I don't feel like that anymore.
Was Tyson one of the fastest? Definitely.

Would he be competitive with the class of opponents Ali face? I have a hard time seeing how he wouldn't be.

People talk about Tyson v Foreman and how Foreman would just be too much for Tyson. Which he might be.
But then I think of Tyson v Lyle.... I think Tyson would have had Lyle out of there much faster than Foreman did. And that thought makes me reconsider what Tyson would do in a match against Foreman.

we need to have Tyson punch Chuvalo....
then we'll know.

Back