Is Tyrone the most athletic guy in WW History?

HateTheGame

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
has he surpassed gsp in terms of explosiveness/athleticism?

Last edited:
Similar to GSP in speed and str but GSP prolly has better balance. Going with GSP.

I think GSP would still hold that title because of his cardio.

Faster than GSP. Lacks his timing and probably his precision.

He is the most athletic and explosive ww champ for sure.

I think GSP would still hold that title because of his cardio.

You saw GSP's last fight against Hendricks right? Granted Hendricks was probably juicing in that fight but still...

You think he could take that overhand punch from Woodley or take him down at will like he did to Condit and Diaz?

GSP hasn't fought in 2 years and had multiple ACL surgeries. He should stay retired.

I'd go with GSP. More mobile, flexible, and quick. Woodley is explosive and powerful but it ends there. He isn't especially coordinated, has poor cardio, balance is average etc.

I'm told he gases though.
zGzIlY.gif

You saw GSP's last fight against Hendricks right? You think he could take that overhand punch from Woodley or take him down at will like he did to Condit and Diaz?

Granted Hendricks was probably juicing in that fight but still...
Maybe?
Who knows? I was more answering the athletic question as oppose to who would win in a fight.

Tyron is stronger, obviously has way more punching power, has a bit more explosiveness... Gsp is less stiff with more stamina..

Tyron is like an NFL Running Back wearing ufc gloves.

Imagine if NFL guys trained and fough UFC. Brock and Brendan Schaub played as many NFL games as I have, those guys would Murk dudes.

He's the most athletic welterweight champion ever by several shades.

You saw GSP's last fight against Hendricks right? Granted Hendricks was probably juicing in that fight but still...

You think he could take that overhand punch from Woodley or take him down at will like he did to Condit and Diaz?

GSP hasn't fought in 2 years and had multiple ACL surgeries. He should stay retired.

I mean, is it fair to compare Woodly's "prime" to GSP's last fight? Let's see how Woodly looks in a few years.

Maybe?
Who knows? I was more answering the athletic question as oppose to who would win in a fight.

GSP has more explosive takedowns but Woodley looks faster overall and has way more power.

GSP usually just fights at range and jabs and kicks to setup his takedowns. You would never see Lawler get KTFO by GSP like you did yesterday.

Great wins against Condit and Lawler, but pump the brakes a bit. GSP is still the king.
In many ways, GSP was the trailblazer in maxing out his athletic potential. Guys like Lawler, Weidman, and Rockhold have different styles but followed suit.

He honestly reminded me a lot of Lombard last night with his stance and shuffle. Very explosive and powerful. Great wrestler, but I don't think he's mastered that MMA shot like I would have expected him to. In fact, he uses his wrestling very sparingly now that he's discovered the power in his hands. He started out primarily using his wrestling early in his career, which is not surprising. I hope he starts mixing things up more.

Back