Is Till moving up now?

Captain Tight

Gettin two birds stoned at once
@Blue
Reaction score
I was so disappointed in his performance that I haven’t watched much of his interviews since he lost. Anyone know if he has commented on his next fight?

I think it would make the most sense to move up. IMO he would have to win two fights at WW to get another TS and I don’t see him wanting to make the cut that many times.

If he moves up, maybe give him someone ranked 10-15 like Brad Tavares, Thiago Santos, Elias Theodorou. He needs to be eased into the division.

If he keeps moving up, his Paige VanZant tattoo will start to look like Amanda Nunes.

Last edited:
His lack of a ground game got exposed, not his lack of physical size.

Move up and he loses that advantage too.

If he's confident in his ability to make 70, he should stay

He has a seriously bright future in that division

He just has to stay disciplined between fights and I think he's a future champion

Till has just a good of shot at 85 then 170, that’s why I was clueless as to why he was forcing that tough weight cut. The grapplers at the top like jacare, rockhold, Weidman, Romero etc. are on the way out or heading to 205. The division will be wide open soon

He fought like shit after the weight cut. He should move up. He looks great at 170 only when he weights in 4 - 6 pounds overweight.

He just needs a couple of wins at MW and Dana will give him a title shot.

He really should do. Even if he'd have beaten Woodley, he wouldn't have defended the belt. If Gastelum and Whittaker can have such success at their sizes, I don't see why not.

The way he talked in the post fight presser seems like he isn't moving up. He said making 170 this time wasn't that hard and he was able to eat better leading up to it as well because he has George Lockhart (I think?) now as his nutritionist.

I think he's fine at 170 for a while. It isn't a weight he can make forever for sure but if he feels fine with it right now he can do some things in that division. MW is pretty top heavy so he could do well in that division too.

His lack of a ground game got exposed, not his lack of physical size.

Move up and he loses that advantage too.
That's not really true. Woodley is a Black Belt and his wrestling speaks for itself. Not to mention, Till was already rocked from Woodley's rocket right and the following elbows on the floor.

Better evolve his ground game wherever he chooses to go cause that brabo was easy peasy

Till has just a good of shot at 85 then 170, that’s why I was clueless as to why he was forcing that tough weight cut. The grapplers at the top like jacare, rockhold, Weidman, Romero etc. are on the way out or heading to 205. The division will be wide open soon
Exactly. Look at the young and upcoming there. Adasanya, Whittakerr, Costa, Gastelum, etc... All strikers. It's literally great match-ups across the board for Till. I really don't see any wrestlers to expose him there.

Though I'm sure he's well aware of this lol.

Agreed. He'll still be tall at 185. He'll feel stronger and faster without having to cut as much weight. The older you get, the harder it is to make the weight. There are grapplers at every weight class.

I'd like to see him move up finally.

He might not have had as hard a time making the weight, but it's still awful for you to cut so much.

Doubtful he ever beats Woodley.

He will never beat Woodley and won’t ever fight him again.

Colby vs Woodley next. Dana will pray Woodley loses. He won’t. Dana will get more red. And Woodley will be arguably top 1-2 WW ever. Sorry

I'd like to see him move up finally.

He might not have had as hard a time making the weight, but it's still awful for you to cut so much.

Doubtful he ever beats Woodley.

Finally? The dude is 25 and only had 7 fights in the UFC, only the last 3 headliners. He got his shot way too fast, give him another few chances to get back into contention ffs.

Back