Is Till moving up now?

He fought like shit after the weight cut. He should move up. He looks great at 170 only when he weights in 4 - 6 pounds overweight.
You thought Till pickle looked “great” vs Thompson?

giphy.gif

Finally? The dude is 25 and only had 7 fights in the UFC, only the last 3 headliners. He got his shot way too fast, give him another few chances to get back into contention ffs.

Yeah, but he’s getting bigger and older. The weight cut is only going to get tougher and tougher. I just don’t see a future for him at WW, he’s just too big to fight actively and comfortably at that weight.

Unfortunately, he is the definition of a tweener. He's too big for 170 and too small for 185.

He have to be a lot better than he is to make up for the size.

If the UFC made the pay a little better to attract more athletes, and made more weight classes at 10 pounds apart, I'd think we'd see this problem go away.

Finally? The dude is 25 and only had 7 fights in the UFC, only the last 3 headliners. He got his shot way too fast, give him another few chances to get back into contention ffs.
Agree to disagree.

You thought Till pickle looked “great” vs Thompson?

giphy.gif
to be fair nobody looks good vs thompson

thompson won the 2nd woodley fight in my opinion, and till did pretty solid considering he not only won but took the fight after only fighting cerrone before that. he took a big jump in competition and many criticized that and said he was gonna get schooled and get a reality check. he won that fight

That's not really true. Woodley is a Black Belt and his wrestling speaks for itself. Not to mention, Till was already rocked from Woodley's rocket right and the following elbows on the floor.
Granted, but tie up the guy on top so he can't posture up and rain strikes is low level stuff. I barely saw Till attempt it.

Then he goes on to get tapped by a guy who hasn't subbed anyone in like 11 years. Again, Till was rocked, but that only explains so much.

If DT reaches his potential he's got to stop planting his feet. In Muay Thai it's expected but leave it behind when transitioning to MMA because guy's will have an advantage in mobility.

Back