Is this true?

To me it all comes down to Time. The longer an ice cube stays in the coffee, the more it does its job of cooling the liquid. At a lower temp it will remain in ice form longer having a longer time to cool the liquid. At a high temp, it melts faster and would have less time in solid form as ice. It would turn to steam faster, having less of a cooling effect. Another way to test it is to stick your dick in both, and see what burns worse.

To me it all comes down to Time. The longer an ice cube stays in the coffee, the more it does its job of cooling the liquid. At a lower temp it will remain in ice form longer having a longer time to cool the liquid. At a high temp, it melts faster and would have less time in solid form as ice. It would turn to steam faster, having less of a cooling effect. Another way to test it is to stick your dick in both, and see what burns worse.
The penis the human thermometer

What part of Qt=σeAT^4 do you not understand?

Hypothreahicle. You have two mugs of boiling hot coffee. Mug A you let cool 10 minutes, then add an icecube because its still hot. Mug B you reverse it and add the icecube right away, then let it cool 10 minutes.

It is my hunch mug A would be a few degrees lower than mug B after this process.

I feel like adding the icecube right away to something boiling hot would just obliterate it instantly and not result in much cooling potential. Am I wrong and basic energy conversion should mean both would result in the same temperature? Or is my gut intuition possibly right?
Back as far as Aristotle in the 300s BC it was seemingly observed that hot water froze faster than cold water.The mug exposed to air will lose heat to the air faster than one that is initially cooled with an ice cube because the difference in temperature is higher. Think of the vapor rising out of the cup. The ice will float so the surface layer is cooler but the liquid lower in the cup may stay warmer longer but the cooled water should sink to the bottom to keep mixing.

Mpemba Effect

I have noticed that when copper water lines are in the same space whether in a wall or under a floor, it is almost always the hot water line that freezes and splits first.

Hypothreahicle. You have two mugs of boiling hot coffee. Mug A you let cool 10 minutes, then add an icecube because its still hot. Mug B you reverse it and add the icecube right away, then let it cool 10 minutes.

It is my hunch mug A would be a few degrees lower than mug B after this process.

I feel like adding the icecube right away to something boiling hot would just obliterate it instantly and not result in much cooling potential. Am I wrong and basic energy conversion should mean both would result in the same temperature? Or is my gut intuition possibly right?
I researched this on the internet many years ago. Whatever I found matched what you described.

Back