Is this the only sybol for jiu jitsu

ATTfighter

Blue Belt
Reaction score
im getting a tattoo and i want to make sure this is the only way to spell it if there are any other variations please post the pics here, thanks

I had one done by a friends wife who is japanese , along with some other things .
But that matches perfectly what she did

are you japanese? if you cant even read it whats the point in getting it in japanese. get it in english

Kanji tattoos are the male equivalent of women getting tattoos just above their butt crack: nothing says I want to scar my body for life as proof I am as original as Levee jeans and have the creativity of a dead fish like a kanji tattoo. While your at it, get barbed wire around your bicep and something on your upper abs too. Maybe steal Frank Mir's design like you plan to rip off Dave Terell's tattoo. Be twice as unoriginal!

Lol! ^ ^ so true.

save the japanese tattoos for the japanese

I have thought about that but i would want more than just that symobol to make it original

turn that symbol in the middle into a jujitsu belt, thatd be cool.

joe riggs doesnt even have a kanji tatoo does he?

Just tattoo a belt around your waist.

Get whatever rank you think you'll peak at.

^ that or a watch, i've always wanted a tattooed watch
-Jon

Get it on your lower back above your ass. If you are going to get teh ghey unoriginal tattoo, then make it teh ultimo ghey. Target.

In all seriousness, there are fewer things more unoriginal than kanji tattoos. Artists like doing them about as much as dolphins and suns on women, and barbed wire and old english on men. Do tons of research and get something original and cool. Your artist will like that more and you will have a story behind it.

get it around your belly button... And then get like a Emerald dolphin penjalim that hangs from the belly.
THAT WILL BE SO COOL!

Lol, you guys are such fashion critics.

What kind of Jujitsu do you do? If you do BJJ, you might want the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu symbol. It's the triangle with the two BJJ guys in the middle. Google it and click on images.

I think Kanji tattoos are cool. But then again I want to major in Japanese when I go to college, and I want to live in Japan. So that's me. But all the fighters at my gym get the Boneyard symbol tattooed on the back of their neck. It's two kanji symbols. I sent them to my friend Nao in Japan, and she told me they mean "Boneyard." Makes sense.

Who cares if it's original? Humans have been tattooing their bodies for centuries. I'm pretty sure that unless you draw something yourself, whatever you get isn't going to be the most original thing. The guy wants to show his committment to Jiu-Jitsu. Personally, I don't see how anyone could ever stop loving Jiu-Jitsu, so I don't know when he'll regret that tattoo.

Brandinho said:
In all seriousness, there are fewer things more unoriginal than kanji tattoos. Artists like doing them about as much as dolphins and suns on women, and barbed wire and old english on men. Do tons of research and get something original and cool. Your artist will like that more and you will have a story behind it.

If this was a forum on tattoos, I think you'd be in the right. To tattoo enthusiasts, kanji tattoos are probably about the equivalent to when a totally new BJJ student gives up his back and gets RNC'ed. Incredibly common and happens to people who don't know much about what they're doing. But who cares? The guy wants one tattoo.

Unless he's planning on making more visits to his artist, he really shouldn't care if he's making the artist happy. Putting ink in skin is the guy's job, and what he thinks doesn't matter. You're making a permanent mark on your body; you should really be concerned with what you like, and not with what the artist likes drawing. And if for some reason he has an attitude, explain the story behind your tattoo is that you know the art that he's inscribing in your arm, and if there are any further problems you'd be glad to demonstrate :icon_twis

You can't go through your entire life trying to be original. Let people have their fun. I was at a Mass Destruction (Massachusetts MMA event) a few weeks back, and there was a fighter with the Wanderlei tattoo on the back of his head. I first thought "How unoriginal," but the guy put on a hell of a fight, and it was cool to watch. He may have been copying another fighter with the tattoo, but he put on a great show, and after all; his job was to knock someone out, not to put on a tattoo fashion show.

Just get whatever tattoo you want ATTFighter. Make sure you'll like it, and that there won't be a point in your life that you'll regret it. Let your Jiu-Jitsu speak, not your tattoo.

a dude at a judo club i train at has the symbols for ju do on his back, it looks preety cool because it's preety freakin big

Don't think I've ever seen a Japanese person with a kanji tattoo.

I would probably rate them higher than tattoos of roses, butterflies, dolphins, devils or pegasi but that's not saying much.

Reading the crap people tattoo on their bodies is probably one of the most practical things I do with my knowledge of Japanese.

Waxwingslain said:
Don't think I've ever seen a Japanese person with a kanji tattoo.

I would probably rate them higher than tattoos of roses, butterflies, dolphins, devils or pegasi but that's not saying much.

Reading the crap people tattoo on their bodies is probably one of the most practical things I do with my knowledge of Japanese.

Well, regular japanese people tend to stay clear of tatoos. I

Back