Is this the most promoted mma fight ever?

B

BruceLeeOnTRT

It sure feels that way.

I remember Gsp/Penn 2 and Anderson / Chael 2 being massively promoted and full of wolf tickets, but nowhere on this scale. They had the brawl, the off air footage. Unlike the other fights, there isn't anyone staying silent and taking the high road. Both guys are more than eager to talk shit and aggravate one another.

I wish more championship fights had this much work put into their promotion. Regardless of who wins, the lead up to the fight was awesome to follow.

Weidman vs Silva 2/Rousey vs Tate is definitely up there. I can still hear that promo in my head.

"you and me, me and you" in a slow screaming voice

UFC 100 got a lot of attention if I recall.

Back in the day and under different circumstances, Ortiz/Shamrock received it's fair share as well.

I hope it makes for big crowds like the old days but the modern day MMA fans are dying off

I was thinking about this earlier today. Seems to me one of the most heavily promoted along with Anderson/Weidman 2 and a couple Lesnar fights.

Weidman vs Silva 2/Rousey vs Tate is definitely up there. I can still hear that promo in my head.

"you and me, me and you" in a slow screaming voice

That was by far the most p4p annoying promo ever. They knew everyone would buy the fight no matter how obnoxious the promo was, and went all out on annoying as many people as possible.

I'm not sure if it was because I was more interested, but I get the feeling Silva/Sonnen 2 was promoted far more heavily.
Maybe it was just Chael constantly talking about Silva, but he was all over TV shows with interviews and his fake belt.

Not sure if the most promoted but definitely ranks up there for sure.

I'm not sure if it was because I was more interested, but I get the feeling Silva/Sonnen 2 was promoted far more heavily.
Maybe it was just Chael constantly talking about Silva, but he was all over TV shows with interviews and his fake belt.

Yeah the off the record with Lansberg was hilarious. To me it didn't feel as big because andy chose to be quiet and let his fighting in the cage do the talking. It wasn't until the very last week or two that he started chirping. These two guys have been at it before dc was even a lhw. I love it.

Back