• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this the best reversal from bottom in UFC history?

tumblr_nkcsodCY8K1rkj1e8o1_500.gif

Thank you!!! I was about to post a video link but this gif is great!

Have you possibly considered that it was more of a monumentally amaterish mistake on Hughes part rather than anything BJ did?

I mean even as a white belt you know not to shift you center of gravity straight into a sitting opponents side like that. You are begging them to take your back especially in no-gi/shirtless/sweaty

LOL at the arrogance in this post

I think Minotauro hit a great reversal on Sylvia too but I can't find the gif :(

Just gonna chime in that I wouldn't trust Poirier's chin against Gomi...

Also that moment where Penn takes Hughes' back is epic. One of my favorite moments in MMA.

Given who it was done against? Matt Hughes has one of the best top games in MMA History and is a hall of famer. He was in his prime at this time. And BJ pulled this move off on him. For me, this is one of the most impressive moves I've ever seen in MMA.

Discuss... #BJPennBless

2ueqxk6.gif
Da Pendulum Sweep No Rush did vs Spatt was slick too, but oh wait... Im a hater they say, cant say that...

Da Pendulum Sweep No Rush did vs Spatt was slick too, but oh wait... Im a hater they say, cant say that...
Is that the gif that was posted earlier in this thread? That was sick

<SelenaWow>
<Deported1>

tenor.gif

We're trying to have fun bud, go start a BJ Penn hate thread or something.

I dont hate the guy at all, just his annoying deluded nut huggers. I would say up (down?) there with Connor nuthuggers IMO, but at the very least Conor competed and did beat legitimate sharks at MMAs peak.

Have you possibly considered that it was more of a monumentally amaterish mistake on Hughes part rather than anything BJ did?

I mean even as a white belt you know not to shift you center of gravity straight into a sitting opponents side like that. You are begging them to take your back especially in no-gi/shirtless/sweaty

I mean this makes you wonder does Matt Hughes even train?

Train-1239439_1280-1030x674.jpg

Sorry, too soon?

I dont hate the guy at all, just his annoying deluded nut huggers. I would say up (down?) there with Connor nuthuggers IMO, but at the very least Conor competed and did beat legitimate sharks at MMAs peak.

So all the fighters get worse from here on?

BJ is amazing. Lots of good ones mentioned, a couple others.

giphy.gif

200.gif

Conor has 3 Top 5 wins. 3. And one was against Chad Mendes, who had a week to prepare for the fight lol The other being Aldo, which was amazing. And then Alvarez, who was champ, but definitely not the best in the world. I can actually name 5 LW fighters who were better than Eddie at the time he was champ.

It's not the best one but I enjoyed this quite a bit.

fbksuq.jpg

I wouldn't call it "a monumentally amateurish mistake on Hughes part" , but I agree with you on essence.
Hughes left an opening that BJ was able to exploit.
But this is a fight, and it is more fluid than just a set piece.

Let us not forget that BJ's BJJ and flexibility allows him to do things that no one else could do.

Hughes was losing the fight and finally got BJ down after securing top position he started to open up to get some elbows in, and he was elevating his arm to land some more when BJ timed it perfectly and got out.

It is also worth saying that Hughes won that fight and avenged the loss from their first fight.

Is there a name for this sweep?

I've always just called it a half guard sweep, but I'm sure someone has some wacky name for it, I just don't know it haha.

Iirc Shields had a few good ones against Maia

Back