Is this split too much?

WAREAGLE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Mon
7a.m- 30 min Walk/jog(optional)
1 p.m- DB COmplex (from grapplersgym), Core Killer(Med. Ball core workout from Kevin Kearns), Tabata on Airdyne
5:30-7:30- BJJ

Tues.
1p.m- Beginner Burpee program (Ross)
5;30-Standup class
6;30- BJJ

Wed
Same as Monday except no BJJ

Thurs
same as Tuesday

Fri
Same as Mon

Sat.
A.M-Boxing (optional)
p.m- Walk/jog or swim
Sun
Rest

Damn peeps, let me know that you think of that split!!!! Or im gonna go crazy and start posting Richard Simmons videos LOL.

I don't think it's too much as long as you are getting sufficient rest and eating well.
Are you planning to fight or something?

If you aren't sore then you're alright.

1 p.m- DB COmplex (from grapplersgym), Core Killer(Med. Ball core workout from Kevin Kearns), Tabata on Airdyne
5:30-7:30- BJJ

Aren't your muscles tired after lifting?

get enough sleep get enough clean food to promote repair and your good

I don't know how hard you are going in BJJ and Standup so it's hard to tell. I definitely don't think it is too much unless the BJJ and Standup is very intense on all days. I wouldn't do the same DB Complex, Core Killer, and Tabata on Airdyne 3 times a week. Maybe do some heavy lifting on Friday since Saturday seems to be a light day. If you only have one day for compound lifts, I'd maybe do a complex such as deadlift to hang clean to front squat to OHP.
I'd also throw in sprints somewhere in there instead of the walk or jog.

As far as something being "too much", it really differs on the person. I sometimes have weeks when I don't have a day off but I have a couple light days. Many people would think that is too much, but I rest enough and eat enough so I'm fine. If you are making progress and don't feel too bad, then it isn't "too much" and maybe it's not enough.

Back