Media is this p4p the most embarrassing mma moment ever?

I dont understand why people have a problem with her hiding her face when ambushed by paparazzi. What mma fighter you know gets them lying in wait a day after being koed? never happens.
I think it's not how we want champions to lose.
We want to think these fighters are tough and can handle it.
Most people don't realize that mental toughness has nothing to do with fighting and it is FROM moments like that where you gain it.

That said, she was embarrassed and the thread is "most embarrassing mma moment ever."

It's also contrast with her cocky attitude going into that fight and I think we all understand deep down that that false confidence always came from the girl who would hide her face in a pillow in defeat. There's nothing wrong with how she acted though. It's how many people would in that situation. It's just not what we strive for. Not final form, we hope.

I think it's not how we want champions to lose.
We want to think these fighters are tough and can handle it.
Most people don't realize that mental toughness has nothing to do with fighting and it is FROM moments like that where you gain it.

That said, she was embarrassed and the thread is "most embarrassing mma moment ever."

It's also contrast with her cocky attitude going into that fight and I think we all understand deep down that that false confidence always came from the girl who would hide her face in a pillow in defeat. There's nothing wrong with how she acted though. It's how many people would in that situation. It's just not what we strive for. Not final form, we hope.
It was totally unreasonable to wait for her to get off the plane.
I understand your points,but It wouldnt have done shit for her if she allowed herself to be filmed with a beat up face. People here would laugh as they did if she hadnt hid,and make memes about her.
Jose Aldo was unknowingly filmed in the back crying after his loss to Conor. These are private moments that should not be shown. Had Ronda run out of the octagon with a towel over her face or something,that would be different,but this was the day after,where she thought she could be left alone.

I understand your points,but It wouldnt have done shit for her if she allowed herself to be filmed with a beat up face. People here would laugh as they did if she hadnt hid,and make memes about her.
Jose Aldo was unknowingly filmed in the back crying after his loss to Conor. These are private moments that should not be shown. Had Ronda run out of the octagon with a towel over her face or something,that would be different,but this was the day after,where she thought she could be left alone.
I get your point.
I disagree is all.
I think we can accept your point to be true and it isn't mutually exclusive with mine: she still didn't react the way we'd hope. We'd hope that fighter would hold their head high.
Aldo is an even better example. It's the same mental state. Except his was less "deserved" so we feel differently. But he was already triggered when he walked in the cage with Conor and when he lost it was embarrassment and shame. Not for his performance or training but because of who he lost too. With Ronda she wasn't embarrassed about her performance in the sport, she was embarrassed she lost in front of everyone after all the stuff she said.

It's the same thing, we just feel one is more deserved than the other. They both can learn from those moments though and gain mental toughness so that when loss, defeat, hardship happens later, they can hold their head up and wear their bruises and their scars.

I think you get what I'm trying to say. Anyway, yeah I don't post that photo to be mean to her but I do think the situation it symbolizes is teachable and can have humor without being mean. If she lets it bother her she should talk to Monica Lewinski about being mentally tough. That woman has endured far more and on the other side of it she makes fun of herself. That's what aldo and ronda stand to gain from those moments. Mental toughness they were missing.

Reactions: HHJ
I get your point.
I disagree is all.
I think we can accept your point to be true and it isn't mutually exclusive with mine: she still didn't react the way we'd hope. We'd hope that fighter would hold their head high.
Aldo is an even better example. It's the same mental state. Except his was less "deserved" so we feel differently. But he was already triggered when he walked in the cage with Conor and when he lost it was embarrassment and shame. Not for his performance or training but because of who he lost too. With Ronda she wasn't embarrassed about her performance in the sport, she was embarrassed she lost in front of everyone after all the stuff she said.

It's the same thing, we just feel one is more deserved than the other. They both can learn from those moments though and gain mental toughness so that when loss, defeat, hardship happens later, they can hold their head up and wear their bruises and their scars.

I think you get what I'm trying to say. Anyway, yeah I don't post that photo to be mean to her but I do think the situation it symbolizes is teachable and can have humor without being mean. If she lets it bother her she should talk to Monica Lewinski about being mentally tough. That woman has endured far more and on the other side of it she makes fun of herself. That's what aldo and ronda stand to gain from those moments. Mental toughness they were missing.
Hard lesson learned thats for sure. Ronda i am not sure to this day has never publicly coped with it. I hope privatley she can.

C7GM.gif

more cringy than shitting in the cage. manlet syndrome at it's finest.
How the fuck can anything be more cringey than "shitting in the cage"? What a scatologically inclined mind you have, TS.

Kevin Lee doing the slip n slide on Justine s quiche, not knowing it and UFC tonight bringing up the footage to show him.
Mannnn

thats the best thing since the invention of the wheel. don't know why you guys hate that so much. it's pretty smooth. she seems like a cool & crazy chick. definitely wood.
How much time do you think she practiced in front of a mirror before perfection?

C7GM.gif

more cringy than shitting in the cage. manlet syndrome at it's finest.
upload_2020-11-2_6-37-26.gif

This tops it for me. He stood there all night, then after the Fight, Romero complains about Izzy kicking him and doing nothing else.. while Romero Just stood there and tap danced.

I can't believe this was ten years ago, but I remember laughing very hard when Frank Shamrock kissed his own ass, voiced his own retirement montage, and came to the ring while 500 fans sat quietly.

I remember when frank got braces
100_3538.JPG

I dont understand why people have a problem with her hiding her face when ambushed by paparazzi. What mma fighter you know gets them lying in wait a day after being koed? never happens.

it's because it's Ronda and ppl here want to hate her.
any 'deeper' analysis is just wank

Agreed. It hardly seems a reasonable prerequisite that fighters show every tearful, bloody, and bruised moment from their lives to fans. I guess if you are from the "just bleed" camp that is your thing, but it certainly is no part of my enjoyment of the sport to gawk at someone's bruised and beaten appearance the day after a devastating loss. It has no appeal to me; it's not a part of what I enjoy about the sport..

Reactions: HHJ
Back