Is this a Nick Diaz retirement fight?

Vikassi

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He's only 31 years old but has 35 fights already. I just looked through all his fights and the dudes been all over the place, numerous different organizations. He's coming off 2 straight losses. Wondering if this is the end of the line for him.

Until he KO's Anderson and then fights Weidman for the title!

Definitely a possibility. Curious how much he's making for this.

I do expect him to retire again if he loses, but then I also half expect the fight not to happen at all.

Depends on how the fight goes I guess. I miss the time when Nick was fighting every 4 months or so, that was great. If he wins I see him calling out Lawler though for the WW title.

Yes, if and when he loses. This is his big payday. Losing this will make him not relevant anymore and there are no fights to make for him.

Yes. 3rd time is a charm....

Until he talks his way into another big money fight.

Yes, if and when he loses. This is his big payday. Losing this will make him not relevant anymore and there are no fights to make for him.

Losing to Anderson Silva doesn't make him any more irrelevant than he already is. Of course he will lose, going up a weight class and fighting the #2 guy in that division.

Is there any question that the #2 MW will beat the, I dunno, #10 WW? A loss to Silva changes nothing. It's like Ryan Bader going up to HW and fighting JDS. Of course he'll lose, and it doesn't affect anything.

He'll probably cry after his loss and say he's done a la GSP fight, but really he'll fight again .. he know nothing else and eventually he will need the $$ even if it means the minor leagues.

Give Nick 3% more credit.

He fights Anderson... he gets PAID.. he loses.

He doesn't say a word about retiring.

He then fights GSP. he gets PAID... he loses.

He bitches about fighting wrestlers who won't "fight".

He fights one more big fight -- something comes up -- he loses... he retires.

Oh, he gets PAID for that last fight too.

Give the guy some business savvy credit.

Nick Diaz is done fighting up and comers. If you throw money and an interesting fight, I'm sure he'd take it.

Every Nick Diaz fight seems to be a retirement fight

yes just like his last 2 fights... and his next.

nick diaz doesn't strike me as a financially responsible guy so i could see him retiring and re-surfacing a couple times

Give Nick 3% more credit.

He fights Anderson... he gets PAID.. he loses.

He doesn't say a word about retiring.

He then fights GSP. he gets PAID... he loses.

He bitches about fighting wrestlers who won't "fight".

He fights one more big fight -- something comes up -- he loses... he retires.

Oh, he gets PAID for that last fight too.

Give the guy some business savvy credit.

haha. The long con eh?

Nah I think Nick is too angry to let too many fights go by where he doesnt gets pissed and lets it go.

He's only 31 years old but has 35 fights already. I just looked through all his fights and the dudes been all over the place, numerous different organizations. He's coming off 2 straight losses. Wondering if this is the end of the line for him.

Until he KO's Anderson and then fights Weidman for the title!

The more likely outcome, should he KO Anderson, is that he'll get a rematch with Lawler for the WW title.

Once upon a time he KO'd Lawler. It'd make for a good chance for the new and improved Lawler to avenge that loss.

Back