Social Is there something wrong with Jordan Peterson?

Do you agree with his explanation?

• Total voters
A few days ago he made a comment about a plus size model who got put on the cover of Sport Illustrated

While I get where he's coming from and don't really think that woman is attractive enough to be on the cover, I just thought it came off kind of nasty and immature the way Jordan Peterson worded it. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't lose a little bit of respect for him after that

He then got lots of backlash because of his comments then posted another series of tweets about how bad twitter is for people and that he will be stepping away, yet he's continued posting. I'm seriously wondering about the guy's mental health now and if he's developed another addiction

Morbidly obese should not be glamorized. I was expecting a crazier comment from him considering his recent illnesses.

But, this was a relatively sane comment in a decaying society.

His point is less about the individual and more about the way this nonsense is being pushed onto the public, imo...

It's everywhere now, as if fat people couldn't help themselves for decades so we as a society have decided to just accept that weakness is excusable and to be glorified... Guess what, it doesn't end well... Only the most delusional are ok with being fat pigs and that's because they've given up. It's much easier to pretend it's alright than to exercise willpower (no pun intended)...

I think Doctor Lobster's comment was quite on point, strong-arming fat-acceptance (lol @ body positivity) doesn't change the fact that a slam pig is a slam pig, even if you put lipstick on it and it's definitely nothing to champion for.

She ain't even that big lmao. I'm sure plenty of guys would be fine walking the red carpet with her.

w.jpg

Not Sherdoggers, though.
TJXPGxgBdAcGzHOXMxOWHFJRcJsAHyMR99llliULyVY.jpg

It's pretty much Tim Sylvia up there mate.....250 lbs. She's a fucking monster.

Fun fact: the fat girl was one of several alternate covers for this year's SI swimsuit issue.

Other cover models included Kim Kardashian, and Maye Musk(Elon's mom).

Wonder why JP didn't tweet about this cover:

maye-musk_SI-SWIM.jpg
Because mommy's boy Elon would have him sleeping with the fishes. You think May's box smells Musky?

Wonder why JP didn't tweet about this cover:

maye-musk_SI-SWIM.jpg

Why would Jordan Peterson take issue with an older woman who is in shape? He wasn't taking issue with fit, older women. He was targeting the unhealthy fat-acceptance movement. Unfortunately, his aim missed the mark and he came off looking silly. Peterson is not wrong in pointing out that the fat-acceptance movement is ridiculous. He just needs to be more tactful in how he criticizes such an absurd movement.

I think Doctor Lobster's comment was quite on point, strong-arming fat-acceptance (lol @ body positivity) doesn't change the fact that a slam pig is a slam pig, even if you put lipstick on it and it's definitely nothing to champion for.

Exactly. Peterson's main point was to criticize the unhealthy and disgusting fat-acceptance nonsense. The problem is that he could have been more general in his comments instead of targeting an individual woman, but I don't think his intention was to single out Numi Yu and put the spotlight on her. His intention was to condemn the fat acceptance and the obsession with inclusion that has gone way too far.

Last edited:
Why would Jordan Peterson take issue with an older woman who is in shape? He wasn't taking issue with fit, older women. He was targeting the unhealthy fat-acceptance movement. Unfortunately, his aim missed the mark and he came off looking silly. Peterson is not wrong in pointing out that the fat-acceptance movement is ridiculous. He just needs to be more tactful in how he criticizes such an absurd movement.
Yeah, he screwed up. I don't keep up with the guy but judging from his last JRE appearance, which I turned off 10 minutes in, the guy is slipping. As you said, enabling unhealthy behavior should be scrutinized, but disparaging other peoples judgement of what's beautiful is dumb to say the least.

Hell, Mrs Musk is in better shape and may be healthier than the big lady, but if I had to pick it wouldn't be her. o_O

Yeah, he screwed up. I don't keep up with the guy but judging from his last JRE appearance, which I turned off 10 minutes in, the guy is slipping. As you said, enabling unhealthy behavior should be scrutinized, but disparaging other peoples judgement of what's beautiful is dumb to say the least.

Hell, Mrs Musk is in better shape and may be healthier than the big lady, but if I had to pick it wouldn't be her. o_O
Why was that junkie motherfucker wearing a tuxedo on his last JRE appearance, btw?

Why was that junkie motherfucker wearing a tuxedo on his last JRE appearance, btw?
See, I'm on board with many criticisms of JP. Especially lately. And this conflating beauty and health is one of them. A dude with a family history of mental problems who gets hooked on a prescription drug given him while he's dealing with a seriously sick wife isn't one of them.

But he's getting weirder and weirder. I think he means well, but he's not emotionally stable enough to handle years of being such a high profile dude in the middle of the culture war. I listened to that episode for a few minutes then noped the hell out. It made me feel uncomfortable for him to be honest with you.

I said it earlier in this thread that Numi Yu is kind of attractive. ;) But, she is only 25 and she is going to be a total gutter pig in a few more years if she doesn't make some drastic changes. She probably won't see 60 years of age if she doesn't improve her health.

I didn't even bother with Peterson on the Rogan show. I haven't listened to Rogan in years. Peterson still has a lot of interesting things to say when he sticks to psychology, philosophy and religion and he does have some great guests on his YouTube channel once in awhile. I can understand why people are not interested in listening to Peterson, but I never understood the unreasonable hatred and outright downplaying and dismissal when he does have something insightful to say.

Peterson talks about the Sports Illustrated incident on his daughter's podcast. I am going to listen to it now and see what he has to say about it.

J. Peterson says:

"It [the Sports Illustrated cover featuring the fat woman] was also an insistence that all of a sudden this non-athletic body type is as beautiful as the standard swimsuit model for Sports Illustrated. And it's not! It's not as athletic and it's not as healthy...It's a lie that is a manipulation of that young women. Now, she partakes in that because she participates in it, but they are exploiting her as far as I'm concerned...

Don't pull any moral stunts on me because you are irritated about my opinion when it's bloody clear to anyone with eyes that [the Sports Illustrated cover] was manipulative in 20 different ways. I'm not willing to sacrifice these ideals for inclusiveness... not everyone is young and healthy and not everyone is a Sport Illustrated swimsuit model and Fuck You! if you don't like it"

Last edited:
I like his basic message but seems a bit off. I wouldnt trust him around small kids or anything like that.. PS all psychologists are a bit off IME why do you think they gravitate towards the field?

finally all you need to do is read Jung. Been there and more so he's kinda a hack commercializing it in 21st century

Last edited:
I like his basic message but seems a bit off. I wouldnt trust him around small kids or anything like that.. PS all psychologists are a bit off IME why do you think they gravitate towards the field?

finally all you need to do is read Jung. Been there and more so he's kinda a hack commercializing it in 21st century

When does Peterson bring up Jungian psychology? He spends far more time discussing behaviorists and developmental psychologists than Jung. His main focus is on the attraction between males and females, relationships and raising children. His religious ideas seem to be influenced by Joseph Campbell who was influenced by Jung, but I don't see where Peterson is commercializing Jung.

Last edited:
Exactly. Peterson's main point was to criticize the unhealthy and disgusting fat-acceptance nonsense. The problem is that he could have been more general in his comments instead of targeting an individual woman, but I don't think his intention was to single out Numi Yu and put the spotlight on her. His intention was to condemn the fat acceptance and the obsession with inclusion that has gone way too far.
Yup.
His delivery was lacking, but not the message itself and I think that even his harshest critics know that the overall point of his work is to point out the decadence, danger and misconception of today's woke-think.

Back