Social Is there something wrong with Jordan Peterson?

Do you agree with his explanation?

• Total voters
Exactly. Peterson's main point was to criticize the unhealthy and disgusting fat-acceptance nonsense. The problem is that he could have been more general in his comments instead of targeting an individual woman, but I don't think his intention was to single out Numi Yu and put the spotlight on her. His intention was to condemn the fat acceptance and the obsession with inclusion that has gone way too far.
It’s so cute how you vicariously live through Peterson like you’re one and the same and he knows what you’re thinking and you know what he’s thinking and what his intentions are. I love this man crush you have, it’s heartwarming <Oku04>

When does Peterson bring up Jungian psychology? He spends far more time discussing behaviorists and developmental psychologists than Jung. His main focus is on the attraction between males and females, relationships and raising children. His religious ideas seem to be influenced by Joseph Campbell who was influenced by Jung, but I don't see where Peterson is commercializing Jung.
lol what are you serious? He uses Jung ALL THE TIME. I would’ve thought that a devote fan boy like you would’ve known. He does get a lot of criticism about interpreting Jung though, which shouldn’t be a surprise cause Jordan Peterson is a hack. But yeah just google Peterson and Jung and you’ll see plenty of hits. His whole archetype theory is based on Jung.

lol what are you serious? He uses Jung ALL THE TIME. I would’ve thought that a devote fan boy like you would’ve known. He does get a lot of criticism about interpreting Jung though, which shouldn’t be a surprise cause Jordan Peterson is a hack. But yeah just google Peterson and Jung and you’ll see plenty of hits. His whole archetype theory is based on Jung.

I don't think he's interpreting Jung incorrectly, Jung never made much sense to begin with. Jung stated there was a collective unconscious, synchronicity wasn't random, laid out the archetypes, etc. But if you ask the question "How did he know??!" the answer would be "He doesn't; he just pulled it out of a hat." He was a psychoanalyst, that entire school of psychology rejects the scientific method. Same with Freud, he made a few observations among his patients and then made a massive leap claiming "Well the unconcious mind looks like this, the preconscious mind looks like this, and stuff can only move to the conscious mind if it gets transformed by the preconscious mind..." Sweeping claims totally outside the scope of his observations. There might be some elements that are correct (by chance) but they're wholly unverifiable theories.

I said it earlier in this thread that Numi Yu is kind of attractive. ;) But, she is only 25 and she is going to be a total gutter pig in a few more years if she doesn't make some drastic changes. She probably won't see 60 years of age if she doesn't improve her health.

I didn't even bother with Peterson on the Rogan show. I haven't listened to Rogan in years. Peterson still has a lot of interesting things to say when he sticks to psychology, philosophy and religion and he does have some great guests on his YouTube channel once in awhile. I can understand why people are not interested in listening to Peterson, but I never understood the unreasonable hatred and outright downplaying and dismissal when he does have something insightful to say.
lol

You must be the fanboy. I don't listen to Peterson very often, but when I do he is mainly discussing behaviorists and developmental psychologists in regards to relationships, sex and parenting. Maybe you could send me a video of him talking about Jung since you say he uses Jung ALL THE TIME.

Last edited:
I don't think he's interpreting Jung incorrectly, Jung never made much sense to begin with. Jung stated there was a collective unconscious, synchronicity wasn't random, laid out the archetypes, etc. But if you ask the question "How did he know??!" the answer would be "He doesn't; he just pulled it out of a hat." He was a psychoanalyst, that entire school of psychology rejects the scientific method. Same with Freud, he made a few observations among his patients and then made a massive leap claiming "Well the unconcious mind looks like this, the preconscious mind looks like this, and stuff can only move to the conscious mind if it gets transformed by the preconscious mind..." Sweeping claims totally outside the scope of his observations. There might be some elements that are correct (by chance) but they're wholly unverifiable theories.
Agreed. Looking back their theories are also heavily criticized. But still they have been influential.

Uh oh, Peterson made a joke!

JPTRIG.jpg

Incoming posters:

858.gif

Peterson talks about the Sports Illustrated incident on his daughter's podcast. I am going to listen to it now and see what he has to say about it.

J. Peterson says:

"It [the Sports Illustrated cover featuring the fat woman] was also an insistence that all of a sudden this non-athletic body type is as beautiful as the standard swimsuit model for Sports Illustrated. And it's not! It's not as athletic and it's not as healthy...It's a lie that is a manipulation of that young women. Now, she partakes in that because she participates in it, but they are exploiting her as far as I'm concerned...

Don't pull any moral stunts on me because you are irritated about my opinion when it's bloody clear to anyone with eyes that [the Sports Illustrated cover] was manipulative in 20 different ways. I'm not willing to sacrifice these ideals for inclusiveness... not everyone is young and healthy and not everyone is a Sport Illustrated swimsuit model and Fuck You! if you don't like it"

The only thing worse than Peterson is hos daughter.

By the looks of it, Paige Spiranac does more than just sit on her ass and stuff food in her face like Numi Yu does.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2Fb265b2d85e9d2359e100e24f89eb724d.png
Well, you gotta work with what you got.

And that poor girl has about a hundred pounds less to work with so she's gotta hustle! Can't just sit on your celluli... excuse me, laurels, if you're at such a disadvantage.

Uh oh, Peterson made a joke!

JPTRIG.jpg

Incoming posters:

858.gif

Why would anyone be triggered?

Its just funny that this 60yo public intellectual seems to be spending his days watching magazine covers and hottest girl lists. His wife is problebly thrilled!

He’s entitled to his opinion and I guess he doesn’t like fat chicks. It’s just that these days no one can voice a differing opinion so it’s getting press.

I'm not really sure who he is but saw one video of him that seemed good to me. .

Back