Is there anyone that agrees with or can make any sense of Hall's statement?

Hall lacks so much confidence... took him like what, 4 rounds to throw some damaging punches?
He actually never did throw any hard punches, Silva just turned into Jonathan Goulet in his old age.

Hall was just cranky in that moment. He gave Izzy plenty of props in the post fight presser. People need to calm down lol

And if the Sherdog play by play was to be believed (it is not usually reliable at all) then Silva won the first 2 rounds and was ahead on points.

He finished the guy Jon just lost to.
Jan is a better fighter than current Jones

All the ironic comments about "MMAth" are because transitivity doesn't necessarily hold in sports.

even with MW being relatively shallow, he had a very easy path to the belt

but since getting it, he's been doing a great job of defending it

Hall is just trying to get a title fight, but its the last fight I would ever want to watch because Hall would just stare and stare and stare against a guy like Adesanya. No thanks.

Whitaker was being a jerk. He said nothing rude to kelvin, yoel and jared cannonier. Whittaker talked, costa talked.
Seriously, Whittaker was the one chirping? Revisionist history at it's finest mate, Whittaker responded a few times more than he usually does but to suggest he was being a jerk is disingenuous in the extreme.

Seriously, Whittaker was the one chirping? Revisionist history at it's finest mate, Whittaker responded a few times more than he usually does but to suggest he was being a jerk is disingenuous in the extreme.
He was the first one to chrip. I remember exactly what he said and when I remember izzy being humble before that too.

At a panel that they were both at, he was asked what he thinks of his opponent and he laughed and said "I don't think of him" which I see has extremely dismissive and rude. In my honest opinion it's the worst kind of trash talk. Big leauging your opponent. It's disrespectful to your opponent and makes you look really really stupid when you lose. He could have said "he's a great striker and his fight with gastelum was great but I'll erase him" ect.. but straight to big leauging, which I think is the worst personally. I'm sure robert thinks about him now. And I'm glad.

Usman did this too, when asked about masvidal he responds "who?" With a smile. It's a stupid thing to say. Now you're a ww champion who defends his title against "whos?" Your words not ours. It's a dumb thing to say it doesn't build up your fight to discredit your opponent.

Last edited:
You probably know I'm not the biggest Izzy fan but I have to defend him in this right:
Hall saying "he's been handpicking easy opponents" is the most ludicrous statement I've heard in a while.

Izzy just fought KG, Bobby, Yoel and Costa. And then he said he'd fight Jared if he beat Whittaker but would also run it back with Bobby if that's how it plays out.

Last time I checked, that's literally the entire top 5 right there.

What was Hall thinking? Can anyone make sense of it? He just made himself look like an idiot.
Yea Halls taking shit, but in he's defence, he's trying to trigger a rivalry with Izzy and this is really the best way to do it. Downplay his achievements and talk smack. Fairplay to him. I don't see Hall getting in to contention outside of a rivalry with Izzy. He himself might get lucky enough to get "picked".

Well, Whittaker beat Canonnier, so he is next. And Israel preferred to do a GSP weak ass move going after the weakest elder LHW champ by luck lol. I see...

Back