Is there anyone at all up and coming that can cause Mighty Mouse problems?

Timeghoul

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I don't think Bagautinov is that guy. MM has gotten so much better so quickly that I feel like there aren't even going to be any guys that can even come close to giving him a challenge. He's already beaten all the main competitors, most of them handily. I guess Pickett will probably be next IF he can beat McCall, but then what? I see no one on the horizon after that.

Dodson caused him a lot of problems, so yeah

Justin Scoggins is pretty good. But I don't think he will be ready for some time

Dillashaw, Barao, Faber, Cruz, Ronda.

Oh wait this isn't a Wasteland topic... Prime Miguel Torres.

Ok seriously a Dodson rematch would be compelling. Otherwise give the division some time, it's still young and who knows when we'll see the next Dillashaw.

Dodson is the only guy that comes to mind with his speed and power.

Dodson caused him a lot of problems, so yeah

I think he won the first few rounds,but then MM's relentless pace caught up with him and MM came on very strong. (Was really impressed by MM's use of the clinch in that fight).

Horiguchi and Makovsky have potential imo.

Dodson was beating him through 3 rounds...then gassed. But credit to Mighty Mouse. His cardio and speed are top dollar.

Also, this guy:

121313_Makovsky_600.jpg

EDIT: Dude above me said pretty much the same thing.

Last edited:
As others have said I'd favor Dodson over all other contenders at 125 in a rematch.

First fight was close until MM poured it on, and Dodson had him hurt a few times.

Dodson is the only guy I see giving him any problems. His speed is comparable to MM's, his striking is very good, his grappling is very good, and his power and strength at Flyweight is insane.

But MM probably still has what it takes. Outside of that.....I'm not sure. Maybe Henry Cejudo in a few years if he has the striking lol.

Flyweight's pretty top heavy at the moment.

Dodson could and did give him problems, I was picking him to win that fight. Joseph Benvidez is also supremely skilled, even though the last fight ended the way that it did he's still the division's most viable contender if you ask me.

Pickett has a win over him (by wrestling, unusually for a Brit vs an American wrestler) but has a tough fight against McCall.

Scoggins and Borg both looked very promising, but need a few more fights. Dodson rematch would be very interesting, and Machovsky could be a dark horse.

Plenty of fights out there for MM. Think he'd be favoured in all of them but after Barao/Dillashaw I don't think I'll ever say a challenger has no chance ever again.

Dodson could and did give him problems, I was picking him to win that fight. Joseph Benvidez is also supremely skilled, even though the last fight ended the way that it did he's still the division's most viable contender if you ask me.

Joe B won't be getting another shot for a few years though, most likely, so I'm not sure he's really all that viable right now.

Joe B won't be getting another shot for a few years though, most likely, so I'm not sure he's really all that viable right now.

Poor choice of words. I'd say he's the best contender in the division.

Back