Is there anyone at all up and coming that can cause Mighty Mouse problems?

Mighty Mouse isn't nearly as invincible as people perceive him to be. John Dodson and John Moraga nearly knocked him out (3 times in Dodson's case), Joseph Benavidez went to a split decision, Ian McCall went to a draw (with momentum on his side), and Brad Pickett has a win over him.

All those guys could still give Demetrious problems.

I was impressed just how easily he outgrappled Jorgensen. Really dominated him.

Me too man. He does have at least 1 world title in FILA grappling. Thats a world championship. Now I know FILA grappling gets shit on a bit for not attracting the best BJJers and that is true, but those tourneys did draw some very high level wrestlers and high level grapplers from europe and elsewhere. A lot of people dont realize that Johnny Hendricks, Jacob Volkmann, Darren Uyenoyama, Ben Askren, Ricky Lundel, a bunch of wrestlers and MMAers also competed in USA Wrestling/Fila version of grappling.

Anyway back to the point, Makovsky is solid.

He has struggled in the UFC, but he did have a draw with Johnson in their first fight. Many people thought he won it. If you are one of the people who believe Johnson and McCall are really 1-1, you've gotta believe he at least has a shot if they fought again.

I believe they should be 1-1. McCall had great wrestling, great cardio, and great GnP in that fight and couldve probably used it to finish MM if not for that foolish display he put on at the end of the fight. He abandons his best weapon in that fight to play to the crowd (maybe the judges) and it cost him. Had he picked his shots he may have got the fight/finish.

McCall or Dodson. Both guys gave MM good fights in the past.

I believe they should be 1-1. McCall had great wrestling, great cardio, and great GnP in that fight and couldve probably used it to finish MM if not for that foolish display he put on at the end of the fight. He abandons his best weapon in that fight to play to the crowd (maybe the judges) and it cost him. Had he picked his shots he may have got the fight/finish.

It's such a shame that fight didn't go to the 4th round like it was suppose to.

It's such a shame that fight didn't go to the 4th round like it was suppose to.

Wait a sec I totally forgot about that. Because it was essentially a 4 man tourney to crown a champ in a new division there was supposed to be a sudden death round right? Yeah that is a shame. Good call on that.

People shouldn't forget how great Dodson looked across the first two rounds.

UFCDodsonMM3_zpsbde6bbf5.jpg

UFCDodsonMM2_zpsd877f8ca.jpg

UFCDodsonMM1_zps36ee690e.jpg

Mighty Mouse came back like a champion though. It was a great fight.

jkl-o.gif

Last edited:
Wait a sec I totally forgot about that. Because it was essentially a 4 man tourney to crown a champ in a new division there was supposed to be a sudden death round right? Yeah that is a shame. Good call on that.

I also forgot that was supposed to go to sudden death.

Outside of vets like Dodson, Makovksy, McCall, Benavidez, Cariaso and Pickett you have a few good prospects who could challenge in the next few years

Justin Scoggins is a great prospect. Trains at ATT with a bunch of beasts, has some of the best standup in the flyweight division already and his ground game looks great to. He can be a world champion in less than 2 years I think.

Horiguchi is a great striker but his TDD looks a bit iffy so far. I think a lot of the higher level wrestlers give him a hard time at the moment and the UFC will do the best to keep him away from them. His next fight will probably be Gaudinot

then Borg, Ortiz, Moraga, Smolka etc who have shown some decent skills

edit, just read the post about Mayday. His power would be insane at 125 and he wouldn't have to deal with the uber strong grapplers like Barao and Faber. Top 5 right away easily.

I think baugotinov can cause MM plenty of problems. Scoggins, Dodson and Lineker all could too imo.

MM does look pretty dominant at the moment though

Providing MM gets by Bag-u-teen-off then it'll only be Dodson then MM is gonna have a free reign over flyweight cos ain't nobody stopping him

Back