• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is there any updates on Brian Ortega and his reason for pulling out?

He be scared homie.

Ortega is a fake tough guy. He is too unreliable.

Next time match him with some unknown talented LW in some early prelims so he can lose again and fade into obscurity.

On the broadcast last night they mentioned he was feeling sick following the weigh ins (still made it to the ceremonials though) and when he woke up Saturday morning he had a fever and was vomiting and wasn't medically cleared to fight.

Caught a bug or Covid, its been running hot in California lately.

Crazy how people complain when a fighter gets sick and isn't cleared to fight.

On the broadcast last night they mentioned he was feeling sick following the weigh ins (still made it to the ceremonials though) and when he woke up Saturday morning he had a fever and was vomiting and wasn't medically cleared to fight.
Got a fever of 103. He was hot blooded.

yeah-csi-miami.gif

Caught a bug or Covid, its been running hot in California lately.

Crazy how people complain when a fighter gets sick and isn't cleared to fight.
Yeah he really did look like shit at the weigh ins.

Unfortunatley though it looks like we wont ever get Lopes vs Orgega which is a damn shame!

It's always amusing to note how many weirdos on here believe that fighters just stop training between fights.

I think you’d be surprised how many fighters do actually not train between fight camps or go lazily about any training when not having a match lined up

Going to the dojo and getting some rolls in is barely training

Most fighters do some sort of “martial maintenance” but getting ready for a fight is a whole different animal and Brian didn’t have time to ramp up any intensity

Maybe I am a weirdo, maybe Im not….but he must be a heavy sum bitch when not ramping up training intensity

I think you’d be surprised how many fighters do actually not train between fight camps or go lazily about any training when not having a match lined up

Going to the dojo and getting some rolls in is barely training

Most fighters do some sort of “martial maintenance” but getting ready for a fight is a whole different animal and Brian didn’t have time to ramp up any intensity

Maybe I am a weirdo, maybe Im not….but he must be a heavy sum bitch when not ramping up training intensity

Everyone I've ever known that is so passionate about training that they actually compete, let alone simply make it a part of their day to day life, trains basicslly year round. They may not be pushing their body to peak performance levels, but 4-5 days per week with at least one session in seems fairly normal. Especially BJJ. You may slack off on weights, sparring, or drills, but most of these guys just love the art of grappling.

Wow. Well yeah maybe he shouldn'tve taken the fight but Ige ultimately accepted and we got a solid fight still

The hate Brian gets blows my mind. He just had an awesome come from behind against Rodriguez. Again I know he shouldntve taken the Lopes fight I still feel like a lot of you should calm the fuck down

Honestly, he might be sick or something. But I don't think there is much left for T-City. That Yair win was big but I feel like the game has passed him, the next wave of FWs are here and there is Volk and Max to handle them.

103 and I think through the night, according to Anik

If true, there's no way he could be expected to fight.

Once you hit that 102-104 range, you basically can't get out of bed without feeling like a disaster. That's the temperature range where you basically sleep in a cold sweat, and shiver while wearing multiple layers of clothing.

If the weight cut was the catalyst for this sickness, then bro really needs to go up a weight class.

Honestly, he might be sick or something. But I don't think there is much left for T-City. That Yair win was big but I feel like the game has passed him, the next wave of FWs are here and there is Volk and Max to handle them.

As much as it pains me to say this, he's also taken some SERIOUS damage in his fights.

I love Ortega. I'm not much into Jiu Jitsu fighters, but he's amazing to watch. If you go back and look at his last 5, you see someone increasingly taking more and more hits to get to the end of the fight. I think he's lot just a little of his step.

Back