Is there ANY possible UFC event would match Pacquiao-Mayweather numbers

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
Loading up a card with the top and legendary stars and great matches....?

Rousey vs Cyborg....Silva vs St. Pierre

Ronda vs Lesnar

but honestly no mayweather/pac did over 4 million buys

UFC cant match that

Fight did around 4,400,000 PPV buys.

Zero chance. :icon_lol:

UFC can barely get May/Pac numbers when airing on FOX. I think that should give you some idea how far away the UFC is from being able to attain that number on a PPV.

Not anytime soon. The UFC isn't there yet, and that fight was a unique situation with all the stars aligning that boxing can't expect to match that number anytime in the foreseeable future.

Also, I think Mayweather/Pacquiao was such a disappointing fight for so many people that it hurt the overall PPV business. A lot of those people who shelled out $100 to see a stinker of a fight are going to be pretty gun shy to buy another PPV.

That could actually happen, no...Ronda vs a man might be able to get there though

Top NFL talent vs Top NBA talent (No weight limit)
Rousey vs Any can

Bam!

194 will be huge,

UFC is already in mainstream talk again which means people will be paying attention to 194 promos.

Along with TUF McGregor show

There will be millions tuning in to see him get destroyed by Aldo

Not anytime soon. The UFC isn't there yet, and that fight was a unique situation with all the stars aligning that boxing can't expect to match that number anytime in the foreseeable future.

Also, I think Mayweather/Pacquiao was such a disappointing fight for so many people that it hurt the overall PPV business. A lot of those people who shelled out $100 to see a stinker of a fight are going to be pretty gun shy to buy another PPV.

What are you new to watching Floyd? Every fight he has its the same thing. Floyd promotes the shit out of it and gets casuals hyped for a "war". Fight happens and Floyd fights like he does every fight and dominates. People who know boxing like it and appreciate the unbelievable skill, while more casuals and MMA fans call him a "boring point fighter" and swear never to buy a Floyd PPV again. Then Floyd fights again and sells a ton of PPVs

Rousey vs Cyborg....Silva vs St. Pierre

I don't think so but to get closer would have to have
McGregor v Aldo
Lawler v St pierre
Weidman v Sonnen
Rousey v cyborg
Cm v Diaz

No, they would be lucky to do 2 million first

Your talking about a loaded card. May/Pac only sold because of 1 match. 2 of the top of the last 10+ years in a sport thousands (actually maybe only hundreds) of years old.

Back