Is there ANY possible UFC event would match Pacquiao-Mayweather numbers

Would need celebs with an interest in mma... Shaq, Mike Rourke, Ashton Kutcher and so on...Goldberg vs Lesnar might do it... Maybe if a current major boxer crossed over...

It's a hard sell thoygh.

gotta be a stacked card for sure, and for the mainstream as well.

Top NFL talent vs Top NBA talent (No weight limit)
Rousey vs Any can

Bam!

I doubt Nfl talent vs nba talent would draw as much as you think. Outside of their respective cities, very few players are well known across the country aming casual viewers and the mainstream, except for a handfull of really big names.

Ronda vs. Floyd Mayweather

There is a lot of chatter from Ronda on this one....It would have to be in Floyd's realm of earning to even consider it... If he was offered a guarantee of $250 million he might do it.

No and certainly not for the $100 per ppv May/Pac got. That fight was a one off, imo.

I will never understand why people pay to watch floyd mayweather. His fights are sooooo boooooorrrrriiiiinnnnnngggggg.

Not right now, even thought the fight looked like this:

df5d8000f6d353f648b41878555da8f4b09c58e2c2d8ba9f11f4d89f4e49fa18_1.jpg

The overwhelming majority of people who bought Mayweather/Pacquiao don't know anything or even care about boxing.

The best numbers UFC could hope to do would be anything with Rousey, since she is the one who draws non-fans of the sport (which are the most numerous and willing to pay money), probably vs Cyborg though Rousey's opponent is 100% irrelevant. Co-mained by Conor vs Aldo. Perhaps another title fight for the third slot down.

Even then it wouldn't hold a candle to MayPac numbers. I guarantee it'd be a much better show however.

Even if you took all of the all time greats in their prime and made a card it would not exceed the popularity of the Mayweather vs Pac fight. As much as that fight sucked, boxing is just a lot more popular and that bout included two of the best in the sport who are hugely popular.

I was in Thailand out in the country side (aka in the middle of nowhere) when Mayweather/Pacman fight happened. The whole freaking village went to the town centre to watch Mayweather/Pacman fight on a big screen TV (probably the only big screen TV in that village). This village doesn't even have plumping and running water, but they know Mayweather and Pacman.

The overwhelming majority of people who bought Mayweather/Pacquiao don't know anything or even care about boxing.

The best numbers UFC could hope to do would be anything with Rousey, since she is the one who draws non-fans of the sport (which are the most numerous and willing to pay money), probably vs Cyborg though Rousey's opponent is 100% irrelevant. Co-mained by Conor vs Aldo. Perhaps another title fight for the third slot down.

Even then it wouldn't hold a candle to MayPac numbers. I guarantee it'd be a much better show however.

Basically it would take someone of equal popularity to Ronda AND fighting Ronda on the card to have any hopes of meeting Mayweather Pacquiao. On top of this it would need to build for years as well which would never happen in MMA.

Also everyone keeps talking about just PPV buys. Mayweather Pacquiao were charging $100 for their fight. The real question is could the UFC ever make that revenue?

Could the UFC ever sell even 1.5 million PPVs at $100 a buy let alone over 4 million?

Never ever ever no! Not at $100 a pop, not even a $50 a pop. You might could do 2.5 mil buys with 3 title fights and 2 title eliminators on the main card at $20 PPV.

Back