*Is there any other (good) sport were you could become a champ like Lesnar?*

wrong choice of words, its just my opinion,but while there is a gap between the weekend warrior and the UFC Pros,its not as wide as other sports,you could still take a 20 year old kid and train him to be a champion or at the very least top 10 in the UFC in 5 years,no way could you do that with golf or tennis,or have them in a top soccer,baseball,football or basketball team.....then again,maybe these day that wouldn't be possible,i wouldn't know,i stopped watching fights a long time ago,kinda like the smoker that complains when someone lights up,MMA bores the shit out of me now and I'm maybe overly critical of it.

How skilled is your average defensive linesman in American football? Most of them are pretty athletic and definitely very big - but how much skill is really involved in what they do? Not that very much as far as I can tell: it's a very limited and specific skillset that they need to have - much narrower than mma.

{a}......I only joined as I moved away from my area and I want to keep up to date with the career of an ex training partner.

{b}....very unlikely,i trained for 7 years before getting disillusioned by it all,not only would I kick a 6 month ammy's ass,i could probably smash you,but let's not get into a pissing contest,you're probably a very nice guy away from your keyboard.

And let me guess, you're also 6'4", 250, and 5% body fat, like the rest of sherdog? I've never met anybody who trained seriously and became "disillusioned" by it. Difficult to take you seriously when you claim that.

wrong choice of words, its just my opinion,but while there is a gap between the weekend warrior and the UFC Pros,its not as wide as other sports,you could still take a 20 year old kid and train him to be a champion or at the very least top 10 in the UFC in 5 years,no way could you do that with golf or tennis,or have them in a top soccer,baseball,football or basketball team.....then again,maybe these day that wouldn't be possible,i wouldn't know,i stopped watching fights a long time ago,kinda like the smoker that complains when someone lights up,MMA bores the shit out of me now and I'm maybe overly critical of it.

Just saw this as well. That 20 year old would have to be an absolute freak of nature to pull that off. Not saying it's impossible, but guys like that are 1 in a million. Nearly everybody in the top ten of their respective weight class has 10+ years of mma training, or else extensive training in another martial art. Using the ts' example, Brock was a D1 champion with several years of wrestling experience, and even then he's competing in the shallowest weight class (except maybe flyweight).

If you have a strong grappling pedigree then you're not really an MMA rookie.

That skill alone puts you light years ahead of the competition; especially in combination with freakish genes, a good work ethic and supplements.
I don't get how people are still overlooking this with Brock.

Back