Is there any fighter ever below 147 that could beat prime Duran?

How about Ortiz in his prime, I've never seen much of his boxing but he looked good to me. Beua Jack I don't think I've seen either, Henry Armstrong of course probably should be ahead of just about everybody including Duran on the pfp lists. Aaron Pryor was a small 140 pounder who really wanted to get the lightweight title, he had the boxing ability to give Roberto fights and superior stamina to everyone except manny or Armstrong. Alexis would have been a phenomenal war but I can't see anyone but Hearns knocking Roberto out and Alexis would have to fight as hard as he did against pryor and we see how that went. I still think 135 pound delahoya is a great fight, delahoya could box, had great power at 135 and was fast as fuck, I don't think he was ever better than he was at 135. Already mentioned Meldrick. Floyd? I don't hold him as highly as the rest here so no, not him but he could do the running thing which duran hated. Lots of great fighters lots of talent, more importantly, who wouldn't want to see Duran vs. Rosario? the so called "duran of the 80's"?. Duran would win of course but he wouldn't have the better power and rosario was a smart good boxer.

636116170230126898-aaron113.jpg

Aaron-Pryor.jpg

Last edited:
i have a hard time seeing anyone beat floyd at 135.

not much of a fan of the man, but holy fucking shit was he good at lightweight.

aaron pryor.pacquiao. Crawford. those come to mind.

Last edited:
Back