Is the winner of Woodley-Till the #1 WW in your eyes?

Winter is coming.... Red winter.

People-Who-Could-Night-King-Game-Thrones.jpg

rory_esther_055_Robbie_Lawler_vs_Rory_MacDonald.0.0.0.jpg

I was saying that Rory is better than Woodley because he beat him decisively when they fought.... Your MMAth doesn't really alter that fact at all

Watch this:

Marquardt KOs Woodley
tumblr_m77fomE0161qaa8d1o2_r1_500.gif

Saffiedine UDs Marquardt
11_marquardt_saffiedine_19.png

Rory KOs Saffiedine
20141004105713_aaaa.JPG

Therefore Rory > Woodley... you see how easy and pointless this shit is?
While I appreciate counter posts to MMA Math, I don't really think "winning by proxy" is applicable here.
Woodley already beat Saffiedine.

If "Rory beat Saffiedine who beat Marquardt who beat Woodley" means that Rory beat Marquardt by proxy - then it also means Woodley beat Marquardt by proxy o_O So they'd be 1-1

Not that I'm taking your post too seriously, I figure it was just a top-of-mind example.
I'm just bored and like babbling.

Last edited:
While I appreciate counter posts to MMA Math, I don't really think "winning by proxy" is applicable here.
Woodley already beat Saffiedine.

I mainly just wanted an excuse to post the Marquardt gif :D

Btw... anyone have a more up and down career than Marquardt? Some very impressive wins and some embarassing losses in there.

Honest question here and I'm sure I will get flamed, but does anyone here consider Wonderboy to be the #1 WW? I hate when everyone cries robbery in a close fight, but I thought the Till fight was a poor decision, I don't see how Till won 3 rounds let alone 4. I thought the first fight against Woodley was a Draw but the rematch I scored 48-47 Wonderboy. Technically he only has 1 win in his last 4 fights, so of course he won't be ranked #1 or #2, but he has a case to me. I think he should get the winner of this fight.

Thoughts?
Beat the champion. #1 in UFC WW rankings. Simple.

Look, I like Stephen.
Quite honestly, he is the one I like the most (though Till is growing on me).
But I blame him for his losses. He is just too trigger-shy.

He has the skills, but he is far too content on keeping the distance and doing nothing.
I awarded those fights to Woodley because of one round only where Woodley hurt him in both fights. The rest? a toss up with BOTH guys doing nothing!

And quite honestly I think it would be a travesty to give him the nod for winning rounds where nothing happened over the ones Woodley almost knocked him out.

Is he really the best? I don't know. But he needs to change his style, that's for sure.

I understand your feeling, i were simply making the point that people fight under the rules they sign up for, and looking at it from that particular perspective.

Last edited:
Right now I’d say the Bellator WW champ (Rory) is the best WW in the world. A case can also be made for the Bellator MW champ (Mousasi) and Bellator LHW champ (Bader) for their respective divisions.

Right now I’d say the Bellator WW champ (Rory) is the best WW in the world. A case can also be made for the Bellator MW champ (Mousasi) and Bellator LHW champ (Bader) for their respective divisions.

You could argue Rory but i don't think a case could be made at all that Moose or Bader are better than Whittaker or Cormier, respectively.

I understand your feeling, i were simply making the point that people fight under the rules they sign up for, and looking at it from that particular perspective.
and he knew that coming in.
His inability to take charge like Till did to him is what got him losing that fight.
Same for Woodley fights,.

Hell, after the first fight, I thought he'd know better than be so inactive (again).
The against Till, he said he would "show why he was top dog" and again, did nothing...

Don't forget that aggression is part of the rules he signed up for. And he was definitely not the aggressor on either of those fights.

You could argue Rory but i don't think a case could be made at all that Moose or Bader are better than Whittaker and Cormier, respectively.

Maybe not Bader if DC is in the equation. But if DC is stripped of the belt then we got a case for Bader.

I’m the last guy who is up Mousasi’s ass around here but I think he would have a good chance at winning the UFC belt if he comes back but would favor Whittaker.

Other than wonderboy, i dont see anyone beating till if he beat woodley

I really hope Till wins because Woodley and Wonderboy are two of the most boring fighters on the roster...

Would love to see Woodley v Rory 2, i think it would be very different this time around.

Woodley is clearly the the #1 WW in the world. I don't like his attitude and tbh i see Till hunting him down and finishing him but until, or for a more accurate word "if" that happens then things will change. People will argue that Rory is the #1 WW in the world because he beat Woodley, but lets not forgot Rory was stopped by Lawler and then lost a clear cut decision to wonderboy.... Ever since GSP left the division it has felt as if the division is wide open for the taking as their isn't a highly dominant champion

Back