Is the winner of Woodley-Till the #1 WW in your eyes?

I thought till lost, and no way should someone get a title shot after missing weight

MM literally demanded the right amount of money to fight TJ, who we don't even know can make 125.

Considering that MM weighed more in the cage at UFC 227 than TJ did, I don't think that it would be that hard for him.

Let's hope GSP is forced to fight whoever wins the fight. Although chances are he will fight the winner of Khabib - McGregor as both guys will definitely want a money fight against GSP.

Too bad really as there currently isn't anyone at WW that would give GSP more than a minor challenge.

Wonderboy is also boring as hell. He got hyped up because Rogan has a hard-on for anyone with a karate or TKD background. Bonus points if there are videos of them doing katas and shit.

I strongly disagree that Woodley's last three fights have been more impressive than Rory's two fights in Bellator. Rory's shown a variety of skills and Woodley hasn't shown anything except evasion and the ability to outpoint other counterpunchers

No, he's just shown elite-level MMA wrestling, which we knew he had.

Additionally, it's easy to look like a world beater against inferior competition.

Look at how much better Phil Davis's striking looks in Bellator compared to when he was in the UFC.

Seriously, do you think that Daley win is impressive at all considering his career-long issues with grapplers and the fact that he just embarrassed by the ghost of Jon Fitch?

Considering that MM weighed more in the cage at UFC 227 than TJ did, I don't think that it would be that hard for him.

That could be, but imagine the clusterfuck if he was to challenge for the title and missed. I guess missing weight is becoming normal now though sadly.

No.

g6_RoA.gif

nkjVUpN.gif

Point being??

I disagree.
On both fights, Woodley almost KO'd Stephen.
The remainder of those fights were as uneventful as Ngannou & Lewis.

Till was also the aggressor and IMHO won.

It is fine if you think he won one of those fights. but to claim he "potentially" won all 3 and is the better fighter because of it, I find it to be an extremely biased assessment.

I think it's fair enough to say that Woodley had his moments where he landed heavy that put his man down (if not out), but then its fair in turn to say that Thompson was outlanding him on the feet in numbers in a number of rounds as well (a majority of Woodley's total strikes for the fight came in round 1 on the ground). I personally reckon a draw would have been the right decision, but it's all academic at this point anyways.

Last edited:
We need Rory back to determine who is the best.

yeah, either 1 of them (whoever wins) or rory.

till vs wonderboy was close but i thought till edged it with kicks and jabs, and the knockdown of course.

No, he's just shown elite-level MMA wrestling, which we knew he had.

Additionally, it's easy to look like a world beater against inferior competition.

Look at how much better Phil Davis's striking looks in Bellator compared to when he was in the UFC.

Seriously, do you think that Daley win is impressive at all considering his career-long issues with grapplers and the fact that he just embarrassed by the ghost of Jon Fitch?

Yes. It is much more impressive than the performances Woodley had against Thompson and Maia.

Daley's last fight before Rory:
LikableJaggedCob-size_restricted.gif

I like the thought of Wonderboy being number 1 as I am a big fan but I’d go with Tyron. I though Wonderboy won the second Woodley fight as well as the Till fight. But alas I am a bit bias

I think it's fair enough to say that Woodley had his moments where he landed heavy that put his man down (if not out), but then its fair in turn to say that Thompson was outlanding him on the feet in numbers in a number of rounds as well (a majority of Woodley's total strikes for the fight came in round 1 on the ground). I personally reckon a draw would have been the right decision, but it's all academic at this point anyways.
Look, I like Stephen.
Quite honestly, he is the one I like the most (though Till is growing on me).
But I blame him for his losses. He is just too trigger-shy.

He has the skills, but he is far too content on keeping the distance and doing nothing.
I awarded those fights to Woodley because of one round only where Woodley hurt him in both fights. The rest? a toss up with BOTH guys doing nothing!

And quite honestly I think it would be a travesty to give him the nod for winning rounds where nothing happened over the ones Woodley almost knocked him out.

Is he really the best? I don't know. But he needs to change his style, that's for sure.

Chiming in on the Woodley vs Rory debate:
It's close but I gotta say Woodley has the best recent record.

Rory is 2-2 since 2015, and his recent wins are Daley and Lima.

Woodley has been undefeated for 4 years now, and during that time he beat the best guys around
* Handed Gastelum his first career loss,
* knocked out Lawler who was on a 5 fight win streak
* beat Wonderboy while he was on a 7 fight win streak
* beat Maia while he was on a 7 fight win streak

Sure, Woodley did lose to Rory, Shields and Marquardt. But that was in 2014,2013 and 2012.

Last edited:
Back