Is the usman vs RDA fight worth watching?

I was gonna watch it but then I got caught up with stuff. Now I hear it's not worth watching anyways, but can someone tell me how Usman's performance compared to Colby's? Was one more impressive than the other?
Usman by far. Won all rounds except maybe 1.. with at least one 10-8.

Colby won 48-47 and was tied going into the 5th. RDA took him down too.

I was gonna watch it but then I got caught up with stuff. Now I hear it's not worth watching anyways, but can someone tell me how Usman's performance compared to Colby's? Was one more impressive than the other?

Rda was somewhat competitive in Colby fight

Vs usman 1st 3 rounds were somewhat competitive n then it’s total domination

Spot on. Colby mixed in a high-Pressure striking attack with his wrestling, to throw RDA off his riddum and back him up. Usman had decent striking, but more powerful wrestling.

I think Colby would put on a more active stand-up performance against Woodley, but would get caught coming in and KO’d.

Usman would probably try to take Woodldy down / clinch him up, and it would go to a decision.

Spot on. Colby mixed in a high-Pressure striking attack with his wrestling, to throw RDA off his riddum and back him up. Usman had decent striking, but more powerful wrestling.

I think Colby would put on a more active stand-up performance against Woodley, but would get caught coming in and KO’d.

Usman would probably try to take Woodldy down / clinch him up, and it would go to a decision.
Fair to say that Usman would be favored going into a fight?

I fell asleep during the end of the 3rd through mid 4th.

That wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't snorted two lines a couple minutes prior.

Maybe that Booga Suga been stepped on too many times and lost its "Bump" effect..?

Was it a flashy fight, hardly. But it was grinding and workman like for Usman much more grinding and effective body & head striking than Colby had to offer RDA.

It impressed Dana to the point of thinking of jumping Colby in favor of Usman.

watch anyone of usman fights in the UFC is basically identical, domination but boring.

If you're a fight fan, Yes! If you're a casual, No!

That's not true at all. It wasn't terrible live bc u are on the edge of ur seat not knowing if/when something will connect. Knowing it goes to a UD though, TS is better off just watching a highlight of the fight.

It's basically the same shit over n over....TD, weak GNP, RDA weasels halfway to his feet, down again. Rinse and repeat til the end of the round.

Usman, while dominant, didn't really put any fear into future opponents. He gets people down fairly easily, but he is NOT that great on the ground.

He never goes for subs despite being in good positions to so so. He hardly ever will posture up and try to land meaningful blows. He doesn't get people in really terrible spots where he can unleash punches like Khabib does.(His triangling the legs from Mount or using the seatbelt/wrist control to ride ppl from the side)

Its almost like he's good enough to get people down and hold them down, but not quite good enough to do anything meaningful offensively and still hold people down.

If you're a fight fan, Yes! If you're a casual, No!

I actually think the fight is worth the watch.

1) RDA is a warrior, dude is taking the worst possible stylistic match-ups for himself back to back. Props for getting in the ring and trying to make it a scrap (he had a few decent moments)

2) Usman is no joke. His use of wrestling and his top game (as far as maintaining position) are some of the best at 170.

3) Usman’s striking isn’t bad. It’s not great, but, when he lets his hands go as he did at the ends of rounds 2-3 (maybe 3-4), he’s got decent technique, speed, and solid power. If he learns how to strike first and use his wrestling when needed or threaten with TDs to set up strikes, he will be amazing.

4) Usman > Colby, and its really not even close. Usman’s ceiling is WAY higher than Colby’s will ever be.

Fair to say that Usman would be favored going into a fight?

I think so. Colby trues to embody his “Chaos” nickname by putting forth a crazy amount of pressure, but he is neither slick in his transitions, nor defensively sound. That may work on someone like RDA (who is not comfortable fighting off his back foot), but not against Woodley, who has made it part of his style to allow people to back him up, and fight off the fence.

Usman is a lot more workman-like: less flash, less risk-taking, and (as others have pointed out above) seemingly more conscious / focused on maintaining a dominant position rather than landing something fight-ending.

If you're rooting for Dos Anjos, no. Otherwise it's a decent fight with plenty of action.

That's not true at all. It wasn't terrible live bc u are on the edge of ur seat not knowing if/when something will connect. Knowing it goes to a UD though, TS is better off just watching a highlight of the fight.

It's basically the same shit over n over....TD, weak GNP, RDA weasels halfway to his feet, down again. Rinse and repeat til the end of the round.

Usman, while dominant, didn't really put any fear into future opponents. He gets people down fairly easily, but he is NOT that great on the ground.

He never goes for subs despite being in good positions to so so. He hardly ever will posture up and try to land meaningful blows. He doesn't get people in really terrible spots where he can unleash punches like Khabib does.(His triangling the legs from Mount or using the seatbelt/wrist control to ride ppl from the side)

Its almost like he's good enough to get people down and hold them down, but not quite good enough to do anything meaningful offensively and still hold people down.

If you're fight fan you watch fights even the boring ones because at some point you'll see something to take from it or not, but you're a fight fan so you watch anyway.

If you're a casual you looking for known names or quick KO's it's as simple as that to me...

I actually think the fight is worth the watch.

1) RDA is a warrior, dude is taking the worst possible stylistic match-ups for himself back to back. Props for getting in the ring and trying to make it a scrap (he had a few decent moments)

2) Usman is no joke. His use of wrestling and his top game (as far as maintaining position) are some of the best at 170.

3) Usman’s striking isn’t bad. It’s not great, but, when he lets his hands go as he did at the ends of rounds 2-3 (maybe 3-4), he’s got decent technique, speed, and solid power. If he learns how to strike first and use his wrestling when needed or threaten with TDs to set up strikes, he will be amazing.

4) Usman > Colby, and its really not even close. Usman’s ceiling is WAY higher than Colby’s will ever be.

You a fight fan my man oddly it's becoming a rare breed on a fight site of all places.....

You a fight fan my man oddly it's becoming a rare breed on a fight site of all places.....

I’m a fan of the fight game man. I can give someone props for being a good fighter even if I dont like them (Colby, Cowboy) or not a fan of their style (Usman, Kajan Johnson etc). Usman’s style is definitely not for everyone. It’s a grind. And it’s not the same kind of wrestling grind as DC for example or Khabib like others have mentioned, Usman doesn’t have big GnP nor any submission skills really from the top it seems. But he has awesome control on top and he knows how to use his skills to his advantage.

Is it boring? Yes, does it win him fights? Yes. Which is his goal (tbh I’d be happier if fighters cared less about winning and more about putting on exciting fights, MinowaMan style). But does that mean he ALWAYS has to be boring? No, Usman has a high ceiling and I think when he’s a finished product, he will be extremely good. Just hoping that he can get there before starting the downward spiral that all fighters eventually go on.

Only 2 things remain undefeated, Father Time. And the Internet.

Usman showed why he is a contender... but a safe fighter. Would like to see some killer instinct...

Honestly I’m almost as hardcore of a fan as there is (won’t pay a cent but you get me) but I fell asleep right before the fight and won’t watch it. I know what usman is, and it’s just not interesting.

Retarded judging. Probably a 50/45 fight. Was not super dominate to deserve 10/8 rounds even though Usman controlled them the whole time. Average fight, watch maybe if your fans of em?
Dominant

Back