Is the UFC trying to eliminate Khabib by offering him a fight with Jose Aldo?

Aldo's face would look like a pancake after he fought khabib... a la Frank Mir after Bork was done with him.

I know Aldo wants that fight.

My question is why the UFC is willing to give it to him, now, all of a sudden? When previously, it didn't seem like they had any intention of making it happen.

To stop Khabib who is probably Conor's worst match up.

A natural LW with arguably better than Mendes MMA wrestling.

Aldo stylistically as long as he has the right amount of size and his gas tank isn't affected by the weight gain .... is a nightmare match up for Khabib.

His father and team are kinda smart turning down Aldo.

McTapper fans and Dana are the only ones who would want that.

We need Khabib vs Conor then Aldo vs. Conor back to back regardless of scenarios and fake storylines.

Everyone knows Conor can't beat Khabib so they're trying to milk every last penny they can real quick before Khabib shows the people how lame of a fighter Conor actually is like Nate did twice haha

To stop Khabib who is probably Conor's worst match up.

A natural LW with arguably better than Mendes MMA wrestling.

Aldo stylistically as long as he has the right amount of size and his gas tank isn't affected by the weight gain .... is a nightmare match up for Khabib.

His father and team are kinda smart turning down Aldo.

That's exactly my point.

Vs Khabib for the interim LW belt.

So basically Max is injured, Tony wants stipulations against Khabib, Conor is out for a few months, and Khabib turned down a LW match up with Aldo.

Man FW and LW are fucked for a few months...

We need Khabib vs Conor then Aldo vs. Conor back to back regardless of scenarios and fake storylines.

This.

Conor needs to fight the winner of Ferguson/Khabib, then the winner of Aldo/Holloway.

If he doesn't then his belts were a joke.

This.

Conor needs to fight the winner of Ferguson/Khabib, then the winner of Aldo/Holloway.

If he doesn't then his belts were a joke.

Anyone whose never defended a belt is a joke. Maybe not today, but looking back 3 years from now they will be. Conor's gone through 3 belts in his lifetime without defending a single one, hopefully he defends his fourth and doesn't lobby for another Nate or Woodley fight. If he gets the WW strap without defending LW, it would be a joke.

Aldo is just talking his way to a title... You have to realize that there's a 50% chance neither Tony or Khabib makes it to the cage cause Khabib is injury prone and Tony pulls out too... Aldo is unreliable, but would rather have a fight with one of them then possibly lose his only belt to Max...

Waldo is smart like this is normal
not aldo talking his way into anything, if you want to conspiracy theory this i would say its more along the lines of how the ufc used khabib as leverage with fake contracts when they were trying to make eddie vs conor. But in this case using aldo to get tony to just sign the paper without all the negotiations thinking theyre just gonna give the fight to aldo if he doesnt.

Aldo will move up and beat Khabib, then Conor will move up and fight Woodley. I like it.

No, they're not. They're trying to set up a fight between the FW champion and the #1 contender at 155 since 1) Tony Ferguson doesn't seem to want the fight; 2) Conor is taking a time off; 3) both of them want (or at least talk the talk) to fight Conor McGregor.

My take is that Ferguson wants more money (otherwise he would have signed against Khabib already), so they're threatening to put Khabib vs Aldo for the title shot as leverage. Similar to what they did to Alvarez when he wanted more money to fight Conor. Khabib is smart in not biting on this BS, since he was in Aldo's shoes the last go round.

If you've ever trained with high level athletes (grappling, striking, mma) you'd know that size is a huge factor.

Wtf are you talking about? Aldo is a huge FW

He struggled with weight cuts just as badly as Connor in the past.

Aldo's face would look like a pancake after he fought khabib... a la Frank Mir after Bork was done with him.
and I would bet a significant amount of money Aldo would beat the sh1t out of Khabib. I dont see what Khabib has for Aldo.
Conor is a good matchup for Khabib, but Aldo is the opposite.

All I have to say.. 145 and 155 is in state of confusion right now. Aldo should be fighting max Feb or March. Tony vs Khabib should be the next title shot.

and I would bet a significant amount of money Aldo would beat the sh1t out of Khabib. I dont see what Khabib has for Aldo.
Conor is a good matchup for Khabib, but Aldo is the opposite.

Why is that? Aldo has gas tank issues and there won't be enough space to use the leg kicks. I think khabib smothers him for a unanimous decision...and I don't like khabib for the record

Why is that? Aldo has gas tank issues and there won't be enough space to use the leg kicks. I think khabib smothers him for a unanimous decision...and I don't like khabib for the record
im not sure aldo has gas tank issues. he had in his initial ufc fights, but - at least - in his last with frankie he was fine. IMO he outstrikes khabib and avoids most tds. I can see aldo taking this one without much trouble, but ofc this is ufc and anything can happen

Back