Is the UFC in a permanent decline in talent pool?

What kinda question is that? On paper it is a great fight, the night of it most likely ends up like the barboza fight with Khabib scared to GnP so he doesnt lose position.

So Conors whipping boy is the best we've got right now for Khabib to face? Is that a strong a era? Now you understand my point?

So Conors whipping boy is the best we've got right now for Khabib to face? Is that a strong a era? Now you understand my point?
are you dense? did you forget about tony furguson the man thats on an 11 fight win streak? LW is as stacked as its ever been.

The ones you are referring to, who I agree are better than ever, have been around for many, many years.
I think there are a lot of great new fighters as well
Izzy Zhabit etc

The ww division is the strongest it’s ever been, according to some basement scientists at the Institute of Discrediting GSP. Now I’m confused, so that wasn’t true?

Biggest names now are the same as 7 years ago. Light heavy weight division is dead. Heavy weight division is pretty dreadful. Boxing with Canelo drew more money than the biggest UFC fights.

No real consistent stars like before.

Where have all the athletes gone...? Will it eventually go the path of Kickboxing? Become more and more marginalized and irrelevant?
this is what you forget, bran bigger than name. issue is co signing with espn plus because ufc really uplifting the faulty product and saving top ranks ass.

I just wish there were more freestyle wrestling on UFC (we've got to the point where there's none). Or that they somehow forced BJJ guys to learn more wrestling and wrestling folks to do more BJJ. Wrestling+BJJ seems a concise strategy for me, and is as fun as Edson Barboza.

(Also sorry to say folk wrestling is boring, not intended to offend peoplet, it's just that, you know, the JBG in me thinks that.)
Dude no apology needed Haha I started wrestling in 2002 -- I have no delusions about it. It's simple observations and economics -- people would rather see headkicks than whizzers, front headlocks, and switches. I love the stuff -- I could watch Fitch fight all day, but I also acknowledge that it's a very refined taste and that I'm of a small group. In a nutshell, wrestling is trying to make someone's shoulder blades touch. Comparing that to an art that is trying to knock your opponent out or break their arm, it's no contest which will have more of a following lol

The roster is too big, Reebok has killed sponsorships & they're failing to create big ppv sellers but it doesn't matter, the consistency of events & revenue they're making from major network deals has far exceeded their previous models. In terms of talent, I think it's more or less stagnant the heavier divisions have certainly got worse...blame that on low payouts and the introduction of USADA. The Pride era had the most athletic heavyweights, a lot of the top ten guys were in good shape which is mostly attributed to relaxed drug testing.

Back