• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is the Sopranos the best series to ever air on television?

Is the Sopranos the best series to ever air on television?

• Total voters
I wouldn't say best personally, but it's in the conversation.

TBH I just don't particularly like mafia shit and crime shows. I kinda feel like it glorifies scumbags.

Same here , yeah they can be good to great films but fuck Mobsters are fucking low lives to me

I say no because the best is subjective. But it’s up there, just behind The Wire for me.

last time I saw a thread like this here I think the general consensus was that The Wire is the best TV series ever..

Prison Break for me.

But they don't make em like this anymore. Breaking Bad. PB. Sopranos. Wire. Lost. Great generation.

Prison Break for me.

But they don't make em like this anymore. Breaking Bad. PB. Sopranos. Wire. Lost. Great generation.

love all those shows man but could never get into the wire

watched the entire first season, really tried my best

If I watch a show twice in it's entirety, I would consider it a good show.

With that said, I thought the Sopranos was way better than the wire. Damn show was slow AF. It was a real chore to watch. Never again. Yeah, it had very good character development as well. But damn it was very boring.

Wire is a lot better , tony’s family is really hard to tolerate on screen . Also the dream
Episodes were killing me

source.gif

I love it, rewatching again. Season 4 is a bit meaningless though. There was nothing like it back in the day. The OG pre 9/11 show.

How can it be the best when it's not even good?

Back