• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is the Poatan shamanic spirit rituals the most bizarre prefight talking point ever?

If Jiri believes in Shamanic stuff, what is the difference from people believing that it is "gods will" when they win?
<EdgyBrah>

For me all stems from beliefs. Obviously that Alex has some rituals going on for him which is ok, they are his beliefs too and probably part of his tribe culture. The effects of it? Depends on who is on the other side as at the end of the day and without any palpable proof only the mind gets affected, being it as you feeling protected or being a threat.

I practiced shamanism quite deeply for about 5 years or so. I agree and disagree with your take. It is just about beliefs and obviously somebody praying to win is similar to using shamanic ritual but there are some differences

Shamanism trains you exceptionally well into getting into altered states of trance so from that perspective it's a much deeper spiritual practice than anybody who just says casual prayers on their knees for a couple minutes.

The shamanic trance is a little bit like lucid dreaming for the most part. Your body goes to sleep but your mind stays awake and you go into what's called the other world where you meet spirits to become your guides and teachers and also where you can find power and abilities. That's a very powerful and effective tool for psychological transformation at the very least.

But I don't think it's fair to ask him not to use his spirituality in it anymore than I think it would be fair for an internal Kung Fu practitioner to be asked not to use the entire modality and focus of of that system which is of a similar ilk but with a different approach.

The problem for jiri though is that he believes in it and so it's probably going to affect him for the negative. Whereas if somebody just had no faith whatsoever in what the other guy's doing it would have no effect other than just increasing the practitioner's focus a bit.

To be clear, Conor didn't call Ali that and then it 'turned out' to be true, he called him that because it was already reported on and had become well-known in MMA circles.

Conor did bring a big spotlight to it though.

Oh yeah, it clearly wasn't a lucky guess. It was documented, but even in pretty hardcore fan circles it was not common knowledge.

Oh yeah, it clearly wasn't a lucky guess. It was documented, but even in pretty hardcore fan circles it was not common knowledge.

I'm more concerned about Ali being a fake manager than a real snitch.

Well Cannonier talked about using power crystals and shit, Izzy also talked about voodoo and using Nigerian juju etc LOL.

MMA fighters can be fucking weirdos.

Agreed…

Guys like Hughes, Sanchez and other fighters would actually thank God and Jesus Christ in their post-match interviews…

What a bunch of kooks.

Isn't Jiri summoning the fallen samurai warriors or some bullshit like that as well?

So, fair game.

When you store up that much energy, it's some biology / evolutionary shit.

You are primed to pull a chick and pass on your seed.

Primed to take action, to conquer, to work, all of which put you in a better position to secure a mate so your DNA can live on.

If you just busted a nut, prolactin skyrockets, dopamine goes down drastically, you've signaled to your body that the urgency is over. You can rest.

Pretty much the anti thesis of what state you want to be in during a fight.

The best hunters are a little bit hungry. That is when you're most effective and primed to run down an animal.

Very much the same thing. There's a spiritual side too, that's why abstaining is always part of religions, but that's a deeper topic.

I practiced shamanism quite deeply for about 5 years or so. I agree and disagree with your take. It is just about beliefs and obviously somebody praying to win is similar to using shamanic ritual but there are some differences

Shamanism trains you exceptionally well into getting into altered states of trance so from that perspective it's a much deeper spiritual practice than anybody who just says casual prayers on their knees for a couple minutes.

The shamanic trance is a little bit like lucid dreaming for the most part. Your body goes to sleep but your mind stays awake and you go into what's called the other world where you meet spirits to become your guides and teachers and also where you can find power and abilities. That's a very powerful and effective tool for psychological transformation at the very least.

But I don't think it's fair to ask him not to use his spirituality in it anymore than I think it would be fair for an internal Kung Fu practitioner to be asked not to use the entire modality and focus of of that system which is of a similar ilk but with a different approach.

The problem for jiri though is that he believes in it and so it's probably going to affect him for the negative. Whereas if somebody just had no faith whatsoever in what the other guy's doing it would have no effect other than just increasing the practitioner's focus a bit.
Bars

There are no shamanic spirits of the tribe. There's God, the saints/mystics He may choose to act through, and then there's the demonic. If Alex is having some seance thing and is harnessing something supernatural from it, then he's literally just practicing witchcraft and getting supernatural assistance from the demonic. Gisele used to do similar shit on Brady before the Super Bowls. Of course, she thought she was practicing "white" magic or something, but there's no such thing. All magic is evil.

All magic is evil.
The crooked path leads far from lofty ways
Many phantoms of false aims thou must slay
Will thou dare to ride on moon's eerie rays
And hunt among the beasts of prey?
Do you want to join those who cast the curse
The disturbers of mundane universe?

the more interesting part is when certain fighters practice beliefs they get called fucking morons, but when someone like Poatan says something, it's all "ain't that just now that most darndest thing yall ever been hearing?"

There's a whole vast world out there of some shit that a lot of people just don't know about. I am not surprised a cage fighter would do anything it takes to win.

the more interesting part is when certain fighters practice beliefs they get called fucking morons, but when someone like Poatan says something, it's all "ain't that just now that most darndest thing yall ever been hearing?"

There's a whole vast world out there of some shit that a lot of people just don't know about. I am not surprised a cage fighter would do anything it takes to win.

It's true people can be really selective.

Well those spiritial beliefs? Those are stupid.

THESE tho, pretty cool. I dont even know what they are, but I like them.

I'm surprised Jahamal hasn't joined in their madness. That guy is the saltiest but his spirit is not joining.

Well. Its thor's day (norse), 27 (arabic numbers), june (roman month), 2024 anno domini (named after christian/jewish character).

We got very strong bond for spritual side. Sometimes we dont notice it because its something so close. Ofcourse there is lot of snake oil and scam and fake spiritual teachers. But its healthy to deal with your spiritual level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goopster
Back