• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is the Poatan shamanic spirit rituals the most bizarre prefight talking point ever?

I can see where Jiri is coming from. He has a mentality about fighting and even though he appears to be a Christian, he seems to seperate that from his training.

So he looks at Poatan and what he does, and the way Jiri's mind works he thinks "no he shouldnt do that!" and actually tells him "try to fight me without that."

Its facinating and bat shit insane and I love everything about it.
Jiri seems more on the shamanism side himself.

He's done ayahuasca like 5 times and did 3 days of total darkness. Which is considered a pretty advanced practice, you can actually start to trip balls at that point, lol

Jiri seems more on the shamanism side himself.

He's done ayahuasca like 5 times and did 3 days of total darkness. Which is considered a pretty advanced practice, you can actually start to trip balls at that point, lol
I think his mentality is always to discover/unlock something from within.

He said that in the three days of darkness he got to "know himself" more

So he is looking at it like that. Not utilizing outside forces. The opposite.

light magic users
giphy.gif

Mike Tyson would have sex within an hour of his fights after he became champ and that became his routine for the rest of his career. Having sex calmed him down so he could focus on the fight.
I've heard different on multiple occasions too.

That he abstained from sex for extremely long periods of time. Which he himself admitted. Pretty sure he's actually said he never had sex for 5 years during one point.

Who knows what's true.

Ali used to go 3 months before his fights. Lennox Lewis. George foreman. There's a long list, a ton on the mma side as well.

If you've done it, it's pretty glaring how dramatically it can change your game. Not just in something fighting related but multiple aspects of life.

Personally, i think a lot of fighters aren't coming out and saying it because it gives away an edge.

Having sex before training just makes you flat. You're also flat with women, pretty much everything if you pay attention.

We're at our best when we're a little bit hungry. Having sex before something important is like having your belly full of food. You simply aren't as dialed in for the hunt.

I absolutely love this pre fight build up, it stands out as really bizarre and both Alex and Jiri seem to be serious about it (I actually believe in that typea stuff but I imagine most MMA fans don't which makes it even funnier)

I can see where Jiri is coming from. He has a mentality about fighting and even though he appears to be a Christian, he seems to seperate that from his training.

So he looks at Poatan and what he does, and the way Jiri's mind works he thinks "no he shouldnt do that!" and actually tells him "try to fight me without that."

Its facinating and bat shit insane and I love everything about it.

To me it's not that weird to see someone be christian and still believe in spirits/witches/whatever, I'm southern Italian and our grandmas and people from the countryside are all over that. Seems to be a bit coherent with places that have been dominated politically by other countries or fragmented, that couldn't develope any system of aggregation independently (speaking about our modern times). So there's no organised system of belief but fragments of different ones that get passed as folklore.
Never studied it as it's a bit outside my expertise but it's damn fascinating for sure.

Reactions: HHJ
Different level of technical cohesion, creativity, raw animalistic energy, cognitive power and focus in your abilities when you abstain and transmute for long periods.

A lot of old martial arts schools used to teach it and it's been a thing in boxing for a long time.
Romance...make the heart...WEAK - Khabib Nurmagomedov

I dont like this - Khabib Nurmagomedov

They would say sex makes the legs weak.

But as with alot of these old boxing rules, theres something else there too.

Having your boxer miserable made them an unleashed animal when they got in the ring.

I'd seen this with a friend/co worker of mine who was training for a fight. He also believed in not having sex before the fight. He was a pro and already was doing that on his own. Anyway He'd show up to the gym beat up from the night before and his coach would just say get in there and spar! just to keep him going and get more pissed.

The week of the fight, I could see he was ready to fuckin murder his opponent. He was like a wolf to be let out of their cage.

Romance...make the heart...WEAK - Khabib Nurmagomedov
When you store up that much energy, it's some biology / evolutionary shit.

You are primed to pull a chick and pass on your seed.

Primed to take action, to conquer, to work, all of which put you in a better position to secure a mate so your DNA can live on.

If you just busted a nut, prolactin skyrockets, dopamine goes down drastically, you've signaled to your body that the urgency is over. You can rest.

Pretty much the anti thesis of what state you want to be in during a fight.

The best hunters are a little bit hungry. That is when you're most effective and primed to run down an animal.

Very much the same thing. There's a spiritual side too, that's why abstaining is always part of religions, but that's a deeper topic.

Reactions: HHJ
1719504682792.jpeg

Dana missing out on the Holy Wars --

get shamans, priests, monks, joel osteen, voodoo practitioners, channelers, etc -- in the Cage or at the SLAP altar.

As someone who has been possessed I believe them.

Back