Is The Chael Sonnen/ Wanderlai Silva Feud More of A Con Then We Thought?

It's obviously that Sonnen isn't taking it seriously, but it's possible that Wanderlei is sincere.

Yeah I'm thinking Wand really doesn't like Chael, but who the hell really knows? At the end of the day Chael would probably easily UD Silva anyway, and probably wouldn't be a very exciting fight.

Chael always picks fights. Wand should of accepting right after the Shogun matchup. Getting all riled up when Sonnen is preparing for another fight, is showin false bravado

The beef is real. Why is every single feud in UFC history called fake? Who are we to say these two don't hate each other?

Im a huge Wand fan, but his latest video looks scripted and fake, the whole thing screems of a corny set up.

Deep down I wish the old pyscho no nonsense attack at the drop of a hat Wand was in full swing, but unfortunately he mellowed out, its like in comics When the bad guy every cheers starts to turn into an anti hero, he losses his edge and nastiness

Chael always picks fights. Wand should of accepting right after the Shogun matchup. Getting all riled up when Sonnen is preparing for another fight, is showin false bravado

Theres no false bravado, the man will fight anyone, I seriously cant believe people think Wand is scared to fight Sonnen. Put the Corny shitty videos aside, you and I both no hes not scared to lose or fight anyone, A man that goes out on his shield like Wand does and the way he chooses to fight is a fair indication hes not scared to fight

If this fight ever happens, Wand loses, 100%.

I think Sonnen, who many have found out is a nice guy from his stint on TUF and FOX, knows he is going to retire Silva so he is basically building a big payday to send him into retirement with

Probably fake but who really knows. Chael would win in a fight though.

I think its mostly staged. I honestly think they dislike each other though.

The beef is real. Why is every single feud in UFC history called fake? Who are we to say these two don't hate each other?

The question can also be "Who are you to say these two DO hate each other?"

I go with the "Who cares?" crowd. If they fight, great, if not then no problem. UFC is putting on tons of fights now so this is no big deal one way or the other.

Feuds are great when there are few of them, they get tiring when fighters try and manufacture one every time they fight.

Came in to cast my vote for pure set-up.

First, look at how Chael has changed since his meek WEC days. He realized along the way that playing a heel, almost a WWF character, pays the bills much better. People want to tune in to see him trash talk and win or run his trap and lose. I think his switch happened after the Maia fight.

As for Wanderlei, he is becoming irrelevant due to his recent performances. He has recently adopted the pro-wrestling crap as shown by that first black and white video a few weeks/months ago.

I don't believe the incident in the van was staged between the two but I bet since then they have made peace and probably Chael gave Wandy some insider info and how to build up a beef for bigger paydays.

Imo, the reaction by Chael in this confrontation video is completely phony, as is Wandy storming in. In fact, I feel like I can see a smile forming at the corners of his mouth at the start.

As for Wanderlei, he is becoming irrelevant due to his recent performances. He has recently adopted the pro-wrestling crap as shown by that first black and white video a few weeks/months ago.

Ehhh.. what? His video logs have always been black and white...

Ehhh.. what? His video logs have always been black and white...

Okay. I meant the kind of recent one, maybe like 4-6 weeks old, where he was calling out Chael. That was the first video I had seen with Wanderlei using that style.

Came in to cast my vote for pure set-up.

First, look at how Chael has changed since his meek WEC days. He realized along the way that playing a heel, almost a WWF character, pays the bills much better. People want to tune in to see him trash talk and win or run his trap and lose. I think his switch happened after the Maia fight.

I don't believe the incident in the van was staged between the two but I bet since then they have made peace and probably Chael gave Wandy some insider info and how to build up a beef for bigger paydays.

Imo, the reaction by Chael in this confrontation video is completely phony, as is Wandy storming in. In fact, I feel like I can see a smile forming at the corners of his mouth at the start.

When Chael gritted his teeth and said "No, you need to know!" I knew it was fake. Just the way he said it, sounded so forced and not at all what a genuinely angry person would speak like.

This beef is forced and purely to create hype and more $$$, like pretty much all beefs in MMA are.

When Chael gritted his teeth and said "No, you need to know!" I knew it was fake. Just the way he said it, sounded so forced and not at all what a genuinely angry person would speak like.

This beef is forced and purely to create hype and more $$$, like pretty much all beefs in MMA are.

Yep. Guaranteed.

I do think there are legit beefs though. Nick or Nate with anyone I think. Clementi Guillard from the way back machine, Tito and Ken from even further back.

I think it's being hammed up, but the feud definitely isn't fake. Chael went off on Brazil and Wands friends in the process of messing with Anderson Silva; there's no way Wand has no legitimate animosity towards Chael.

As for Chael, it's silly to believe he's after Wandy's fame or status. If this fight happens it'll be Chael's celebrity that sells it; Wandy isn't a contender or a huge draw nowadays. He likes watching Wandy squirm, at least that much is obvious.

Back