Is The Chael Sonnen/ Wanderlai Silva Feud More of A Con Then We Thought?

I honestly don't care all that much. They're probably not ever going to fight and Chael would more than likely win.

I think its fake. But whatever, I want to see the fight at this point, why the fuck not? The buildup and Primetime leading up to it would be fun as hell.

The beef is real. Why is every single feud in UFC history called fake? Who are we to say these two don't hate each other?

Hard to care too much. Wanderlei is doing a good job of staying "relevant" while he's injured, but this is a terrible fight for Wand. Chael would likely dominate him.

Don't care either way. Seems like Wand is trying to get some money out of UFC for this fight.

Nope, we all thought just about right.

The confrontation complete with camera coverage was a completely premeditated move by Wandi, due to him being annoyed by Sonnen's constant jaw-jacking about him. It doesn't take much to get Wandi hyped up and he also knows at this point anything he does to keep his name relevant is useful. And we all know Chael sure knows knows how to play something up even if it does end up being completely unexpected.

Wanderlei should have thrown a plate at his head.

Almost certainly.

If you want to see some legit Wand beef watch his interactions with Arona. That was legit hatred. Not this stuff.

chael has legitimately pissed off brazil. its hilarious!

Could Wandy have staged the confrontation independently to hype the beef? Looks like it.
Does Wandy genuinely want to beat the piss out of Chael as a symbolic revenge for his country and honor? No doubt.
Will Dana make this fight if he beleives it will bring in tons of money? Well...does Brock Lesnar shit in the woods?

I doubt that Wanderlei is a big fan of Chael, but I suspect his posturing now is far more financial than it is personal. Lets be real, Sonnen is a cash cow, and it is no coincidence that Silva wants PPV points for this fight. Chael has created the model for building up a fight, and I suspect he is more than happy to work with Wandy to build this fight up... From Sonnen's perspective, he is not going to be getting any title shots in the near future... and a fight with Silva is far less threatening than fighting top contenders, who probably will lack the drawing power of Silva.... and Silva is also nearing the end of his career and is far removed from the title picture... I suspect that we will see more of this sort of antics, especially from Silva, who now has to create public pressure to force the fight, and motivate Dana to give him a share of the PPV revenue... should be interesting..

The beef is real. Why is every single feud in UFC history called fake? Who are we to say these two don't hate each other?

Why does it matter if they hate each other?
There is absolutely NO correlation between a good fight and the hatred shown by the fighters to each other.

Supposedly, Page and Shad hated each other. Biggest waste of money and time, to anyone who paid money to see that garbage.

Jim Miller and Joe Lauzon didn't hate each other.
Dan Henderson and Shogun didn't hate each other.

Why does it matter if they hate each other?
There is absolutely NO correlation between a good fight and the hatred shown by the fighters to each other.

Supposedly, Page and Shad hated each other. Biggest waste of money and time, to anyone who paid money to see that garbage.

Jim Miller and Joe Lauzon didn't hate each other.
Dan Henderson and Shogun didn't hate each other.

Maybe if it gets personal, it might even make for a worse fight since both fighters might take even less chances during the fight in case they look bad.

I know Wandy truly hates Chael but I doubt Chael truly hates anybody. Plus the way it was presented is what makes it look fake. Fans are always skeptical and bring up conspiracy theories all the time. People even thought the beef Rashad and Rampage was fake.

Almost all feuds are fake. Chael Sonnen vs the Brazilians is a good one.

It's obviously that Sonnen isn't taking it seriously, but it's possible that Wanderlei is sincere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back