• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Sterling being presumptuous?

That's why they rushed Aljo into defending against Sean. And the Chito loss gets listed as TKO but it really was due to injury, I'm sure they see that as a much easier stylistic matchup.

They never really rushed Aljo into anything. The UFC needs champs for PPV events and they're contracted to hold a certain amount of PPVs per year. When it's lighterweight champs they've often got to double book them with another champ otherwise no one will buy that PPV. As they did here by double booking Sterling with Weili.

This is problematic as you've got other champs who sit around all fucking year not defending, like Jones, Leon, Islam, Weili (before this), etc. You've also got vacant divisions like LHW, WFW, WBW. The UFC has a champion problem in that they don't have enough/enough active champions.

Which means that yes, some of the other champs have to step up and be active instead. People are complaining about "rushing" Sterling as though Izzy and Volk haven't also had 2 title fights these year and are probably on track to a 3rd. Suga also probably ends up defending the BW belt before year end.

it was a split decision
and aljo still did his patented 'haha you can't hit me here im safe' during the fight.

6xcnhumnxdya1.jpg
Gotcha, thx.

Why is it a stupid question?

I think your rationale that past performances should influence a current meritocracy is pretty flawed.

Most champions will have beaten a series of top contenders to achieve a title shot, and effectively all champs with more than 1 defence will have so by your reasoning every champ's cv should merit a title rematch should they lose. I disagree with that.

From a sporting perspective, contenders should be coming off W as a minimum, unless the previous result was contentious and the rematch is to resolve that
okay but he has 3 straight top 5 wins going into winning the title then beat yan twice, and two former champions neither of which lost their bantamweight titles in a fight...

you can make excuses and say TJ had one arm, but that's not the first time someones gone in a fight with a lingering injury. It's a tainted win but it's not on aljo it's on TJ.

IMO I thought sterling beat cejudo very decisively, I scored it 4-1 for aljo, I want it to be known im not an aljo fan or anything but He's done enough to merit a rematch he's beaten a lot of the top guys in the division, and some all time bests like TJ.

Last edited:
I see the changing of narratives, cover ups, and double standards seems to be a very big thing in the MMA community.:)
hmmm wonder why.

Aljo never missed weight so why cause he said he will go up Yall are holding him to the fire?
Suga isnt going to be champ for that long everybody knows that, why are yall acting like it matters
who he fights next. He MAY be chito but hes gonna lose his next fight. hes not Connor by no means.

I wont even get into the rematch thing cause SO many undeserving people got instant title shots
or rematches, so yall can stfu with all the excuses. talking about entitlement. what is it with yall
in trying to HUMBLE certain fighters. very very odd type of way to talk. yall said the same thing
about Francis needing to be HUMBLED?

Now suddenly the UFC didnt pressure Aljo to take the fight, the turn around is now apparently not a big deal,
o_O yeah ok
And why do you guys keep saying the division can move on? Yall acting as if aljo wasnt an active fighter?

all dana has to do is pay aljo to GO UP give him a tune up fight at 145 then a title shot and
all this drama would cease. or give em a rematch and if he wins allow him to fight volk. then he will
relinquish the title to merab etc etc.<Moves> not hard people. not hard at all.

I say no more immediate rematches for anyone ever anymore and we’ll solve that problem real easy.

Back