Is Shavkat overhyped?

I think the hype that he's the boogey man is spot on. Whatever his career turns out to be in the long run, there's a reason you don't see many guys using Shavkat's name to get ahead.

Jack and Leon get a pass though.

I've been high on Shavkat since before he got in the UFC and 90% of Sherdoggers even knew who he was, but yes. He is absolutely overhyped.

His best wins are against Geoff Neal, who he went life and death with. Sherdog acts like this win is the most impressive thing they've ever seen. Meanwhile Ian Garry completely shut Neal down and Sherdog shat on him for it.

His other big win is a 41 year old, injured Wonderboy who had lost 2 of his last 3 fights.

The thing about this kind of hype is, if he goes on to murk JDM and he goes on to murk Leon, everybody looks like a genius. If he doesn't and falls flat on his face, everybody jumps off the bandwagon and pretends they were never on it. All of a sudden everybody will point out his glaring defensive issues that he's always had.

He also needs to learn the murican way of ducking fights and being a diva.

He wants to fight Jack Della Magdalena next for no reason... he should be aiming for Colbi, Usman or Belal. A win there and he fights for the title. Beating Jack does not do much for him IMO
This is true but if the others are being too Murrican and ducking him he needs to stay busy.

I've been high on Shavkat since before he got in the UFC and 90% of Sherdoggers even knew who he was, but yes. He is absolutely overhyped.

His best wins are against Geoff Neal, who he went life and death with. Sherdog acts like this win is the most impressive thing they've ever seen. Meanwhile Ian Garry completely shut Neal down and Sherdog shat on him for it.

His other big win is a 41 year old, injured Wonderboy who had lost 2 of his last 3 fights.

The thing about this kind of hype is, if he goes on to murk JDM and he goes on to murk Leon, everybody looks like a genius. If he doesn't and falls flat on his face, everybody jumps off the bandwagon and pretends they were never on it. All of a sudden everybody will point out his glaring defensive issues that he's always had.
No jumping off bandwagon. That's for trendsissies. Shavkat 4 life bitch

No jumping off bandwagon. That's for trendsissies. Shavkat 4 life bitch
Maybe you.

You know Sherdog is gonna be filled with "Shavkat was never that good" threads though.

Oh yeah, he's extremely overhyped on Sherdog.

Maybe you.

You know Sherdog is gonna be filled with "Shavkat was never that good" threads though.
Those people are beneath all consideration and are not worth discussing. Shavkat, not over hyped. All ww's have nightmares about that guy.

I'm talking overhyped as in everyone is talking about him running the division and I don't see him beating Leon without improvements in his game.
his wrasslin is not something to overlook. nonetheless, he has got the best chance of beating leon in that division.

Idk about life and death - he ate some hard punches but his chin is world class and he wasn't rocked, was up on the scorecards, and got the finish

Idk about life and death - he ate some hard punches but his chin is world class and he wasn't rocked, was up on the scorecards, and got the finish
Wasn't rocked? Dunno what fight you watched but it clearly was a different one to the fight I saw. He almost got planked early in round 3.

Not sure. Let's give it some time and we'll have our answer rather than having to speculate.

Reactions: HHJ
He’s the greatest until he loses

Then he was just never any good to begin with

The saying “You are only as good as your last fight” is like rule #1 in the hand-book

I do get the impression that he is somewhat overhyped.

I think the hype comes from him being an all action type of fighter, like he's must watch TV no matter who he's competing against. So in that sense I believe he's properly hyped.
In terms of him as a fighter, he's a little overhyped IMO and I think people are underestimating how well dude's like Leon or JDM would do against him. His submissions are probably the most impressive part of his game I'd say so far, dude just has a way to find them altho we have seen that he has trouble taking the fight to the ground a few times now.

His defense is iffy as hell, but his chin and pressure makes up for it as shown in his Neal fight. However guys like Leon or even JDM I think will be able to negate some of that with their footwork.
Anyways he belongs in the top five for sure and I get the boogeyman status he's getting since fighters like Colby was avoiding saying his name at all costs, but Idk if I'm fully confident in him being the one to derail Leon.

Not overhyped, but also not fully tested. He's tough and skilled, but has shown some vulnerability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back