Is Rumble the man to beat jones?

Nope. There are lhws and there is Jon Jones. He is a totally different animal. I think AJ will get manhandled by Gustafson and he would get dominated by DC as well.

He's getting finished on the 24th is my estimation, don't act surprised please.

I think he may beat Gus. But I do not see him winning a 5-round fight against Jones.

Who cares if Rumble can or cannot beats Jones. I all want is for Rumble to smash Gus and that will be awesome. :icon_lol:

Rumble has a puncher's chance but i think his lack of footwork makes it harder for him to deal with jones' reach. His tdd seems solid but i think jones could get him down, especially if rumbles cardio isnt up to par

That's a laughable prospect.

I think Rumble can beat Jones, but I still believe Jones dispatches the winner of Gus/Rumble and then fights Phil Davis.

I think Phil is improving in the striking department, and will take care of Bader impressively and then sure up a title shot possibly.

I couldn't agree less, i think Bader is going to KO phil.

If Bones employs a wrestling based strategy against Rumble, it should be an easy win for JJ.

Rumble doesn't have much of a chance imo. His power is a bit overrated (granted he DOES hit hard but so do Glover and DC) and he doesn't have footwork to handle Jones' rangy striking, nor the strength/skill to deal with the clinch. Davis...lol don't make me laugh. DC had a good chance, but the body shots and lower endurance than Jones hurt him bad. Gus had (and still has) a chance b/c Jones' best weapon, his reach, is partially negated. That's all folks. As much as it hurts me (I really don't like Jones), Jones is the best lhw fighter today, and maybe ever.

With Jones' propensity for staying in the pocket and trading... he will lose if he does that against Rumble. Rumble is one of the most scariest and dangerous in that situation. You cannot say, "Eh, I'll just take a punch and give him one back," when it comes to Rumble. Especially at 205.

No but I hope I'm wrong because there's hardly anybody else left.

Jon is afraid of being KO'd and he thinks Rumble could do it(he even warned Phil about him). So I think he'd be a scary fight for Jon that he'd take seriously. Especially if he KO's Gus.

no, jones would beat the hell out of rumble.

No because hos striking is fast and strong but he walks in a straight line.

He will be eating kicks all day

Rumble can do wonders IF he can develop the cardio for a three, never mind a five round fight.

Watch the Davis fight again, he diminated the first two rounds, got pretty tired in the third.

I think Gus beats him because of that weakness. The Swede has got the technique, the movement and the chin (as he proved against the champ) to make it out of the first two in case AJ gives him serious trouble.

As for AJ's chances against JJ, I say the same as I do for his chances against Gus. Probably he even has a little higher chance to stop JJ in the first couple of rounds due to the fact that JJ does not possess the movement/circling and boxing defense that Gus has

Yes Rumble can beat Jones and I'm admitting this as a Jones fan, it certainly won't be easy but it can be done.

I truly believe the same theory of how to beat Jones applies fight him right in his chest don't give him the chance to let those long limbs loose. I thought Glover had that thick body to fight in the pocket and out muscle Jon, but Jon is just an all round better fighter than Glover.

Rumble as a bull ferocity about him that comes forward and forces you to move back and evade. Even with that said I think Jones out thinks Rumble in a fight and gasses him into a submission or cardio beatdown TKO ref stoppage.

Back