is rumble jhonson really a non factor?

Your numbers don't prove anything because they don't take into account who each guy has been facing. How many fights has Gustafsson had where his gameplan would be takedowns? 90% of the time he wants it standing. It just so happens against Rumble he can expose a flaw (RNC defence) if it goes to the ground. He may be able to get a TKO before that's even necessary though.

who each guy was facing?ok

since 2011 to keep it kinda recent.

Gus has fought:
Manuwa
Jones
Shogun
Thiago Silva

Davis has fought:
Glover
Rumble
Machida
Vinny Magalhaes
Prado (x2)
Rashad

Who has the more impressive list here?

He's clearly not a non factor. He's a danger to anyone, as is every fighter with one punch knockout power. That being said, I'm favouring Gus.

He isn't a walk in the park, but IMO he isn't threatening Jon in any significant way. Hopefully Alex doesn't get caught because he's the only guy in the division that could 'realistically' beat Jon and the fans want to see the champ face challenges.

who each guy was facing?ok

since 2011 to keep it kinda recent.

Gus has fought:
Manuwa
Jones
Shogun
Thiago Silva

Davis has fought:
Glover
Rumble
Machida
Vinny Magalhaes
Prado (x2)
Rashad

Who has the more impressive list here?

What are we doing here? "Impressive" in what respect, wrestling/grappling? I kind of get the feeling you're changing the point I'm arguing.

The only thing I've said is that I think Gus can have more success getting takedowns/implementing grappling than Davis did because he can hurt Rumble with strikes first. I'm talking about a specific opponent for Gus, I'm not talking generally about how their MMA grappling compares.

What are we doing here? "Impressive" in what respect, wrestling/grappling? I kind of get the feeling you're changing the point I'm arguing.

The only thing I've said is that I think Gus can have more success getting takedowns/implementing grappling than Davis did because he can hurt Rumble with strikes first. I'm talking about a specific opponent for Gus, I'm not talking generally about how their MMA grappling compares.

I dont think that Gus is gong to be looking for powerful hits to wobble rumble enough for the takedown. He is a lot more likely to stay on the outside and use his length during the striking, like he always does. Inside is the power punchers game, and rumbles strength.

I dont think that Gus is gong to be looking for powerful hits to wobble rumble enough for the takedown. He is a lot more likely to stay on the outside and use his length during the striking, like he always does. Inside is the power punchers game, and rumbles strength.

Agree with everything you say here. I just think Gus can land enough from the outside to wear Johnson down, gas him out, make him lose faith in himself. I see Rumble as a bit of a frontrunner who is great as the hammer but who struggles when forced to be the nail.

Rumble has very good chance to beat Gus! He's also a very real threat to Jones.

Agree with everything you say here. I just think Gus can land enough from the outside to wear Johnson down, gas him out, make him lose faith in himself. I see Rumble as a bit of a frontrunner who is great as the hammer but who struggles when forced to be the nail.

I.... kinda doubt it.

More than anything else, Johnson has to worry about getting poked in the eyes. Gus does it a fair amount, and Rumble has had eye problems before.

I.... kinda doubt it.

More than anything else, Johnson has to worry about getting poked in the eyes. Gus does it a fair amount, and Rumble has had eye problems before.

What's your prediction for this fight then?

What's your prediction for this fight then?

Rumble by decision. I think he will hurt gustaffson bad the first couple rounds, and gas in the 4th.

edit: watch for the high kick. its always been underrated from Rumble even though he throws it a lot, and hurts people.

Rumble by decision. I think he will hurt gustaffson bad the first couple rounds, and gas in the 4th.

Interesting. I'll be sold on Rumble if he pulls that off.

You can x9 your money if you're right about that.

It's kind of retarded to pick him against Jones.

The rumble gus fight could go either way but I'd lean towards rumble.

Back