Is Ronda Rousey basically the Royce Gracie of WMMA?

Well, yeah, men are bigger, have more muscle mass and all that.

But Royce beat guys because they didn't know what a submission is.

Ronda beat girls who had extensive grappling knowledge and experience, she was just better.

How are those 2 situations the same?

That's not really the case tho.

Royce beat guys cause he was more effective. But a guy like Jimmerson could still KO him. You can just the same say Royce didn't know what a body shot was or what good footwork was, something Jimmerson knew

Rhonda is the same, those girls she fights probably don't even have any Judo medals

That's not really the case tho.

Royce beat guys cause he was more effective. But a guy like Jimmerson could still KO him. You can just the same say Royce didn't know what a body shot was or what good footwork was.

Rhonda is the same, those girls she fights probably don't even have any Judo medals

Woah, you didn't understand the point of ufc 1 at all. It had nothing to do with Royce. It's all about style, about ground fighting. If you don't know how to do it, you'll lose.

no disrespect, but tate is a glorified amateur high school wrestler and there's no chance any reasonable person would categorize tate as similar to shamrock in skill level.

tate is a below average fighter with very low skill level for an mma fighter. what tate does have is fighting experience and the mental toughness to endure punishment, but otherwise, tate's skill level is below her peers like mcmann with her olympic silver medal in wrestling and davis with her black belt in bjj.

I know, I compared her to Ken Shamrock of 1993.. who was no where near the fighter he was in his prime.

That's women's.

Royce can still get KO'd by Jimmerson. Much more dangerous.

Those girls are absolutely no threat of KOing anyone as much as Jimmerson is no threat of submitting anyone. That's like saying JDS taps out to a no-name thus he is no threat to anybody.

I'm pretty sure I can KO Kaufman and Gomes in the same NIGHT in a 2 woman and 1 man tourney. I'll even fight for free.

Kaufman has 10 wins by KO/TKO.

The thread title is the most devastating KO of Rousey's reputation in Sherdog history.

Thank you.

:D

She is better

Royce was fighting bar brawlers and an occasional decent wrestler, Ronda is fighting MMA fighters, some of which happen to be olympic caliber athletes

I think she's more like the female Tito - one dimensional, big mouth, fighting in a weak division and totally believing in her own hype. I think it's only a matter of time before the female chuck or randy comes along and beats her decisively, knocking her back into reality...and i look forward to that day. i'm guessing she may very well retire before that happens though, unfortunately.

Ronda not top 5 anymore. People caught her quickly.

I figure WMMA is about 15 years behind mens MMA.

That makes Ronda the Matt Hughes and Cyborg the Wanderlei

Marloes Coenen was subbing people like crazy about 10 years before Rousey came along.

You never see a guy get armbarred anymore, they all know the escape move. How come the women haven't learned the escape yet?
Vanzant escaped them multiple times against Namajunas, WMMA now is like MMA back in 2004 or 2005 but they're learning much quicker than the males did.

Rousey deserves more respect for what she has done.

Back