Is Rashad still a legitimate contendor for the LHW belt?

He's only lost to Machida and Jones. What do you think?

Yes. But he has to string together three impressive wins in a row if Jones is still the champion at that point. Otherwise, he might be able to fight for the title sooner (remember it took him wins over Thiago Silva and Rampage to become the #1 contender after losing the title to Machida)

look at his record man! geez, a couple losses and people question your shit up an down!

He's definetly in the mix as usual. What I like about Rashad is that he always comes back strong after a loss. And I like him stylistically against a lot of the top guys besides machida really. He had a terrible gameplan in that fight as well as the Jones fight, where I didn't think he did enough to really get off in that fight. Way too timid

Yes. But he has to string together three impressive wins in a row if Jones is still the champion at that point. Otherwise, he might be able to fight for the title sooner (remember it took him wins over Thiago Silva and Rampage to become the #1 contender after losing the title to Machida)

3 wins in a division that lacks a credible challenger? Doubt he needs that many.

Without a doubt he is still a contender.

He's definetly in the mix as usual. What I like about Rashad is that he always comes back strong after a loss. And I like him stylistically against a lot of the top guys besides machida really. He had a terrible gameplan in that fight as well as the Jones fight, where I didn't think he did enough to really get off in that fight. Way too timid

He was actually aggressive early and looked confident, until this happened:

Jon+Jones+Elbows+Rashad+Evans+-+UFC+145.gif

Not really a flaw in his game plan IMO

yes cept i dont think he can beat bones

As for your question, yes Rashad is a very real contender however he has to realize he's not getting any younger and should stay more active. Very excited for this fight with Lil Nog, I got Rashad by UD

He's a great fighter but overrated. Watch the third round of the Thiago Silva fight if you don't think so.

He'll never beat Jones, but I'd favor him against anyone in the division save Machida.

Nope, hes an amazing fighter but you can tell hes lost his fire, his drive to be champ.

He was actually aggressive early and looked confident, until this happened:

Jon+Jones+Elbows+Rashad+Evans+-+UFC+145.gif

Not really a flaw in his game plan IMO

To me that gif just proves my point.
Rashad was confident in spurts in the first round however even before he got hit with those bows he started waiting on the outside simply too much. He needed to be much more aggressive in closing the distance and not getting stalked

Back