Is prime Valentina Shevchenko the most skilled UFC female fighter of all time?

Better than some of the dudes on the roster, that's for sure.

This makes me think the UFC has decided they are slowly going to axe the entire division. Damn it Mokaev, you were so boring they're getting rid of everyone that even weighs the same as you.
Jokes aside, I imagine Pantoja vs Erceg was the lowest selling non-WMMA title fight of the last X years.

Nunes is obviously W GOAT and the most accomplished female fighter.

But if we're primarily looking at their skillset, technique it is probably Val?

Cyborg is a brawler, Joanna is just an anti wrestler.

Even Nunes with all that weight, height, reach advantage couldn't do nothing significant against Val in the second fight and should've lost that one.
She also has very good wrestling. In fact, she has taken down everyone she's ever fought in UFC, including much bigger fighters like Nunes and Holly.

Nunes is also tremendously skilled but in terms of striking she doesn't compare, which is fine considering she doesn't have a significant background in striking.
Rose has outstanding striking too but lacks in TDD and is less accurate with both her takedowns and strikes.

Nobody except prime Holly has comparable striking skills and credentials. But Holly is too one dimensional overall.

Rose and Weili are comparable to her skill level IMO

Cyborg is not a brawler, Nunes may have baited her into a brawl but that's not normally how she fights.

Even Nunes with all that weight, height, reach advantage couldn't do nothing significant against Val in the second fight and should've lost that one.
She also has very good wrestling. In fact, she has taken down everyone she's ever fought in UFC, including much bigger fighters like Nunes and Holly.

Nunes is also tremendously skilled but in terms of striking she doesn't compare, which is fine considering she doesn't have a significant background in striking.
Rose has outstanding striking too but lacks in TDD and is less accurate with both her takedowns and strikes.

Nobody except prime Holly has comparable striking skills and credentials. But Holly is too one dimensional overall.

Honestly, I would have to say, Yes.

Amanda would have lost, had the size-differences been reversed.

I used to be against Cyborg, but she is really a dedicated and badass fighter ... and seems like a quality person too.

On skill alone, absolutely.
How many women have you seen with her skill set...and still evolved further?
Not many.

skillset wise not naming Rose is criminal.

and btw Cyborg is a well rounded fighter, more skilled than Nunes.
I think Cyborg would've won the rematch tbf.

Rose is up there but Valentina has a wide variety in her arsenal that is hard to top sir.

People care about WMMA?

ill see myself out.

I would've loved to see Valentina vs Ronda. Ronda has gotten wrecked against every legit striker she's fought, and this would've been no different I'm guessing.

No, she was not the most skilled. Amanda Nunes was both the most skilled, well rounded and the GOAT. Nunes only weakness early on was her cardio. She dominated the first fight until she gassed out in 3rd. In the 2nd fight for 5 rounds, Nunes was overly cautious and tentative to save for championship rounds so her explosiveness suffered making the fight very close.

Valentina still fights the same exact was she did 10 years ago. No evolution.The most skilled at 125 lbs, but she had a very boring style and relied excessively on counter striking. She only dominated cans and the 125 lbs is a very weak division. Just go watch the Carmouche, Maia fights where the crowd loudly was booing her. She only dominated Holly Holm who was a 135 lbs, but Holly broke her hand in the first round so that was a factor. She was getting destroyed by Juliana Pena and lost the first round. Pena being reckless that she normally is, gave her arm on a silver platter for her to submit Pena.

Last edited:
Skills alone, Rose is better.

Valentina is much better physically though.

Prime cyborg!

The pharmaceutical and physical skills she possessed overpowered the martial art skills advantage other candidates

Back